Funny question i know

Options
SO i was just wondering.
Can jumping jax help you lose weight if you do enough of them.

I was thinking since i have to work out at home, and all im trying to do is cardio, that i could do jumping jax before and after i go for my walk.
Im 145 and just trying to lose 20 pounds.
Do you think that would do anything?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Jumping jacks are great cardio exercise and the jumping will help keep your bones strong.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    any type of exercise and/or movement that gets your heart rate up is beneficial.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Anything that keeps your heart rate up is great for weight loss!
  • NicoleMarie0409
    Options
    Heck yeah it can :)
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    ^^^ What they said ^^^

Jumping rope is really good too.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Great exercise !! But I hate them lol
  • cojenkinshcsg
    cojenkinshcsg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    absolutely I do them in my office daily at work just to get cardio in I do them in 15 minute intervals throughout the day
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I always do jacks and jump rope in my cardio kickboxing class (3 times a week). I have everybody count to ten, or I do 200 jacks if I have too my people. Plus, I do at least 2x3 min Rope. And then of course 16 burpees and 8 x 8 mountainclimbers plus 2 push ups. You can do it at home. I'm loving it and it helps!!
  • lynda167
    lynda167 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm on my third week of Turbo Fire and been doing tons of Jumping Jacks! They also do whats called an "Air Jack" thats a tougher variation on jumping jacks - you jump in the air and bring your arms in a big circle (instead of just out & in)