Fewer calories allowed day after hitting my goal - why?

Options
audrey_218
audrey_218 Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Does MFP automatically change caloric goal based on weight change or on previous day's caloric intake??

I hit my goal this week (currently at 127lbs) and today I saw in my diary that I now am allowed 200 fewer calories each day. I have a Fitbit and my activity is set at sedentary to allow for compensation. But is there a reason it would automatically change? (I should also add that yesterday I threw up 8 times and cleaned out my entire colon - food poisoning maybe? Anyway, I only ate like 580 calories yesterday. And then today my allowed calorie amount was set to 1200 instead of 1480.)

Replies

• ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    You need to change your goal to "maintain"
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    If you haven't changed anything it is odd and sounds like a glitch. Just go through and check your goals to make sure it hasn't done anything weird with them. It doesn't change based on the previous day's intake.
  • adoette
    adoette Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Now that you have hit your goal weight, you weigh less than when you started. So, if you are still set to lose weight, you now need a bigger deficit to do so.

I'm losing weight oh so very slowly (the will power is weak and the ADD is strong) and every so often MFP has me reassess my everything and it changes my calories based on that. I think I lost 60 calories last time.

That's the reason. No glitch, they aren't looking at what you've logged in the last week, just less lbs on you= fewer calories eaten if you want to lose more weight.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    When we reach our goal weight or body requires less calories for maintenance.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It won't recognise that you have hit goal just that your weight is lower. You need to change you weight loss goal to maintain.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    When we reach our goal weight or body requires less calories for maintenance.

Umm... Maintenance calorie intake is actually higher than when you're losing weight
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Plus, the downward adjustment wouldn't be that huge. I think I lose 40 calories a day for every 10lbs lost or something. I still call glitch and reconfirming goals should fix it I think.
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I think I read on here that this had happened to others and it may be a glitch that occurred.
  • audrey_218
    audrey_218 Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Okay! Thank you everyone!!