To Shop or not to shop

Options
I'm the mom of 3 babies, my last one is 2 months old, I'm losing the pregnancy weight ... for good, and right now none of my clothes fit, so I’m basically down to 2 pairs of jeans, one pair is actually maternity, mind you.

I hate wearing the same clothes but, buying clothes for this size, aside from being depressing seems like a bad idea.

So I don’t know what to do, I don’t even know what size I am or what size I’m going to be. I have a closet full of tiny clothes, and I’m really lost here.

What do you guys do in these cases?

Replies

• bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I hate to waste money so when I started losing weight I started going to goodwill, yard sales, etc and I keep getting clothes a size smaller than I am wearing when they are only a buck or two.. or less... and they may not be what I would normally wear, but some are really cute and I keep having a smaller size to get into so I never have to feel forced to wear baggy clothes... it's cheap and then I can re-donate them or find someone that can use them.
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Check out your local thrift stores... Platos Closet and Goodwill are the ones we have around here. Or find someone here on MFP who wears your size and see if they'd be willing to donate them to you instead of a thrift store!
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat as you, minus the baby thing lol. I only had 2 pairs of pants that fit me and felt kind of uncomfortable in most my shirts. They weren't too small, just looked better when I was thinner... I didn't go buy anything new except for a new pair of black dress pants, and within a month they were too big for me anyways!! I don't know but I felt like it was more motivational to lose the inches if I couldn't fit into any of my clothes. Now I've got 5 pairs of pants that fit me, and in 5 more lbs or so I'll have 4 more that will fit! Plus I'm wearing shirts I hadn't worn for awhile either. It's like getting a new wardrobe, only it's my old skinny wardrobe!
  • callmefor911
    callmefor911 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I went to a local consignment shop. since I know I want to lose more weight and didnt want to spend alot of money.. or walmart.. u can always find sales there...

I also went thru my closet. if it was too big.. I took it to the consignment shop to sell.. and also found alot of clothes that fit in my closet...

or another thing.. a few of us are losing weight at work.. so we exchange clothes that each other cant get in to..

great job on losing the weight. and take care of that little one
  • jessdeweerdt
    jessdeweerdt Posts: 128
    Options
    now that the weather is hot for me, I've kind of switched to sun dresses as much as possible. I finally feel like I look good enough to pull them off, and I don't have to worry too much about sizes..
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I started shopping at Goodwill until I get to maintenance. I even get my workout clothes there. :flowerforyou:
  • alliebe
    alliebe Posts: 21
    Options
    Yard sales and thrift shops are the way to go until you get to the weight you want to be. I also tend to buy smaller sizes (especially at yard sales, when you can get them for 1.00 or less), it is motivation when I want a candy bar. LOL
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I would suggest buying clothes, but at like goodwill or off of craigslist. I wouldn't pay full price. You need something to wear though in the meantime.
    I think setting a mini goal and then getting something nice & new once you reach that goal is good motivation. But it becomes pricy to buy all new wardrobe for each size. I am going from a size 14 hopefully to a size 8... fortunately I have some size 12's from the past, but nothing smaller. So, I will get most of my transition clothes cheap and allow myself 1 nice new (full price) item for each size until I reach and maintain my goal.
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ross is also a good choice. They have stylish clothesand you can usually find jeans for under 20 dollars...it takes some looking but I always have fun....Also, if you can shop around at different ones and find your favorite. I like the smaller ones because I can move through them faster and I am not so overwhelmed. I never feel guilty if I end up accidentally ruining a piece or it gets to big because I can then give it to goodwill and get a tax right off and I also know that I did not over spend on the item. Hope this helps!
  • MColette
    MColette Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks everybody for your advice!
    I think it's important to get something that fits right to get a selfconfidence boost right?
    I know that when I get to size 6, I will have TONS of stuff to wear heehee