Having trouble eating enough.

Options
Vegplotter
Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Do others have this problem? It seems mad. Today I'm trying a bigger milkshake at breakfast with banana, yogurt and strawberry.

Replies

• KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    How are you logging your calories? A lot of people think they are struggling with their calorie goal but then when they start logging accurately (with a scale and accurate entries) they realise they are actually on or above their calories.

I don't mean to be rude, but it's just such a common occurrence.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Check you logging accuracy. Otherwise, add some oil or nuts or chia seeds or flax to the milkshake to increase calories.
  • adoette
    adoette Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    On very rare occassions I'll have this problem even with good logging. I'm just tired of eating and I get fed up and go to bed with about 800 calories intake.

If that sounds like your problem, and it just happens every now and then (mine tends to be a prelude to shark week for whatever reason) don't fret it too much. If, on the other hand, you are consistently eating less than 1200 calories (and remember to log/count all the things and weigh all the stuff) you need to talk to a doctor of some kind to figure out why. There can be any number of reasons, not all of them ED related.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    The easiest thing to do is switch to full fat versions of the things you're already eating. Heartier bread, dark meat instead of white, 4% yogurt instead of skim.
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thanks for some really helpful ideas. I don't eat any slimming products and I never go for low fat alternatives as I'm suspicious of the factory processes they go through. I use raw full fat Jersey milk and make my own yogurt from that. I'm not sure that I should view high fat items as 'treats'. Might that not be counterproductive?
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Vegplotter wrote: »
    I'm not sure that I should view high fat items as 'treats'. Might that not be counterproductive?
    Not at all. Especially if it's full of a good mix of fats and fits in your calorie goals. Fat isn't the enemy (too many calories is).
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    A legitimate question --- is this situation problematic?
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    When you first start logging and see the amount of calories things contain, it might seem like you aren't going to be able to actually eat "all that" but I think this is just "beginners phenomenon", otherwise no one would ever be overweight, you had to be eating more than that before or you wouldn't have any to lose. Your body will adjust and you will get hungry and eat your calories, let the process work and don't worry to much and over think it.