Jealousy

Latoyamary
Latoyamary Posts: 140
edited September 29 in Motivation and Support
Is it normal to feel of a little jealous of those who have lost their weight?? I know I am just beginning, it takes time, and I am doing my best, but, it hard to not to feel a pang of jealousy. Like I wish that were me... Sometimes I don't even know if it is jealousy. Sometimes it feels like I am never going to get there.

Just a bottle of mixed emotions right now... (sigh)

Replies

• zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    it's your own journey, as you said you'll get there... one step at a time... i wish you all the best, this won't be easy, so be prepared...:drinker:
  • hornseagirl
    hornseagirl Posts: 32 Member
    I was once at the same stage as you..take it slow but sure and do it! Instant results are impossible but when you get three months down the line your jealousy will have disappeared. xx
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    I know the feeling, and sometimes I feel a little discouraged and think, "Am I EVER going to get there??" But you know we will! :wink:
  • Brandification
    Brandification Posts: 109 Member
    I think that it's normal and I share your jealousy.

The easiest thing for me is just to remember that everyone loses weight at a different rate and some of the people on here have been at it for YEARS!

I have to remind myself that I didn't gain it all in a week, I'm not going to lose it all in a week.

Hope this helps. Good luck! :)
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    It is normal bc you become envious over someone else's success. But don't stress it you'll lose the weight :D

Unfortantly for me, when I joined T.O.P.S I lost 75lbs thru them and a "friend" of mine gained bout 60lbs, well needless to say bc I lost the weight and she gained the weight (and she hasn't lost it) She no longer wanted to be my friend. And hell, I didn't even do anything to her. Oh well!
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Just try to look at it as inspiration. Inspiration to get there, and then insiration to stay there. We're all working for it regardless of how far we've come or how far we still have to go! :)
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    you're not alone..I feel it too! But it just makes me push harder toward my goals. My healthy voice punishes my inner emotional eater for wanting to break out the chocolate chip cookie dough instead of a nice walk.
  • knovello82
    knovello82 Posts: 110 Member
    I know the feeling, and sometimes I feel a little discouraged and think, "Am I EVER going to get there??" But you know we will! :wink:

What she said!
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    I think it's totally normal! I'm sure I felt a few pangs of jealousy myself when I first started and I really never thought I would get this far. I think that's what's motivated me to stick with it, knowing that in only a few weeks I can look back on it and say it was well worth it!
    :happy:
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    I totally know the feeling! In fact, I had it 115 days ago myself! and today I got that thing that said ejmcam has logged in for 115 days in a row! you will get there, you just have to stick with it! Once you start to see the results you will never want to stop!
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    You will get there. I do understand.
  • LoriIAM
    LoriIAM Posts: 73 Member
    We all had to begin at the beginning. God takes us from where we are to where He wants us. It's a journey and every step is important. You are important to Him and He'll be with you every step of the way. Sometimes they are small steps and unfortunately even sometimes they are backward steps. Don't look at the successes of others with jealousy. Look at their successes as something you can do also. We're all only human. These things take time. Time is a gift, not an obstacle. Be patient with yourself.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Envy may be a more concise word. It's completely normal, you want that success and those results, and you will have them if you stick to it.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 708 Member
    Is it normal to feel of a little jealous of those who have lost their weight?? I know I am just beginning, it takes time, and I am doing my best, but, it hard to not to feel a pang of jealousy. Like I wish that were me... Sometimes I don't even know if it is jealousy. Sometimes it feels like I am never going to get there.

Just a bottle of mixed emotions right now... (sigh)

I don't know if it's jealousy or just longing. But something happened the other day that put it in perspective for me--someone told me that they were so impressed by my weight loss and couldn't wait until THEY had achieved what *I* have achieved. Hang on--I still weigh 311 pounds, how could anyone hope to achieve what I have? And then I realized--it's all relative, it's all different for every one of us. And someone in the world is looking at you right now and wishing they had made the decision to get healthier like you have. Someone is looking at your progress and hoping to do like you.

Just hang in. It's sooooo slow, and yet it goes faster than you think. You can do it, and sometimes feeling that longing for the progress others have made? It inspires us :-)

Kris
  • I totally can understand. I even rudely say to myself, "they don't deserve to get those good results." WHAT! that's so wrong of me but it's just a natural part of this weight loss and health journey. When we don't get the results we want, we are likely to place blame and negative focus anywhere but on ourselves. .... it's not until we are able to accept our own responsibilities in this process though that we will truly move forward. isn't that what the people we are jealous of do? :ohwell:
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    :happy:
    I think that it's normal and I share your jealousy.

The easiest thing for me is just to remember that everyone loses weight at a different rate and some of the people on here have been at it for YEARS!

I have to remind myself that I didn't gain it all in a week, I'm not going to lose it all in a week.

Hope this helps. Good luck! :)

I am constantly having to remind myself that slow and steady is the way to go and that I can't expect to lose it all in a month or two because it took so much longer to gain it. What really helps me is that I'm going on a cruise next January and to be at my goal weight by then I just have to lose about a pound a week! Which is totally doable! I'm so excited to me at my goal weight (or pretty darn close) by the cruise so I can rock my bikini with way more confidence than I have now :happy:
  • Everytime I see another girl my age that has a kid around the same age as mine and she is back to her old body and i'm not i get veery jealous and get soo mad at myself for gaining so much weight but my husband always makes me feel a lot better about myself. losing weight is one of the hardest things you can ever do in my opinion but like someone said before you didnt gain it in a week so your not going to lose it in a week! it times patience and time! you'll get there :)
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Well just take that jealousy and convert it to motivation so you can achieve that body too. It might help
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Thanks guys!! It is very true, it will take time. I will get there....
  • its normal to feel that way
    my bestie and i had this motto
    its kinda funny when u think about it
    but it was to be so happy with yourself that there is almost no one that makes you feel jealous of them
    for being thinner prettier smarter etc and to do anything to get there 'good luck
This discussion has been closed.