Slimming World UK

Options
KateD0707
KateD0707 Posts: 31 Member
Any SW followers here? I am looking to start in a few weeks once I have all the info. Any tips welcome.

Replies

• Amyx89
    Amyx89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not atm as I'm going on holiday in 20 something days i need to lose weight fast, currently on 5:2 diet. But have done slimming world for 3 years. Willing to help :)
  • KateD0707
    KateD0707 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks Amy, me too I am going away in 14 days but would like to start SW when I am back.
    Have you seen success with it?
  • hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I did it briefly last year; unfortunately it's not really a sustainable way of eating unless you can get your whole family on board with it. Even then, I missed bread! I prefer to just follow the MFP method and eat what I want but in moderation.
  • TashiBlue
    TashiBlue Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yep, I tried this the beginning of last year. Its great but for me as @hannydeee says its not sustainable. The biggest problem for me was I hate rice/pasta and I am not fond of potatoes really. So the 'free' food was very limited. I lost weight don't get me wrong but that's prob because I would be eating <1000 cal a day.

I think it has its place even if its to encourage healthier choices but for me it would never have worked. Cal counting prior to that and now has been the only thing to ever work for me.