dannon light and fit greek yogurt

Options
wectmall
wectmall Posts: 50 Member
I eat these all of the time and love them. They say 80 calories. I have never dumped them out and weighed them bc it is just too much of a hassle. Has anyone dumped them out and weighed them? Are the calories correct----if not what is the variance? for example, were they anywhere from 70-95 calories? Because if they are, I will always log the higher weight.

thanks for your help!

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Weighing alone wouldn't help much unless you run an analysis as well. What for example if there was 3% more weight but 5% less calories
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I have not, but I eat them too.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Let me offer an opinion on your question with some context. You are asking for a greater definitive answer beyond manufacturer's packaging of caloric value, yet you will not be able to counter with being able to offer with 100% guarantee, what your daily intake was for the day (there will always be a % of error), nor can you state (without some new alien tech :D ) what your daily expenditure actually is with 100% accuracy to truly delineate if that new accurate information you are requesting, means anything. So focusing on that degree of detail is futile.

Also, even if the answer to your question is 15 more calories...I just spent 15 calories replying to your inquiry that I wouldn't have logged or thought about, so why focus on being 100% perfect?

Just my thoughts and opinion.
  • wectmall
    Options
    lol~ thanks all!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Love the Dannon as well! My calorie allowance isn't so low that I need to weigh prepackaged foods to guarantee a deficit. However, I would be more concerned about a 500 calorie item than an 80 calorie one. Unless you eat them all day, even a 10% difference is only 8 calories and it's not going to matter.
  • wectmall
    Options
    that's good to know. I only want to lose 5 vanity pounds or so, and it is really restrictive with my food intake. I appreciate it!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Any time I've weighed individual yogurt cups they've come up under the weight listed. So that's one of the (very) few items I don't bother to weigh.

Also anything like that it's easier and less messy to weigh the cup before and after eating.