Workout Help

Options
fultzjaf
fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right area or not but I have been doing MFP since March and I had a job that was a good overall workout, I did midnight stock at a store. So, I was constantly walking, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, etc. Well, I have moved now and I am going to be starting back to school so I'm not sure what types of exercise I can do to get back into it. I am still about 25-30 lbs heavier than I'd like and I am VERY out of shape!!! I have been doing 30 min of a few different things everyday for this week but I need some tips maybe for basically a begginers workout. Something easy, but that will help me. Thanks in advance for all the help. I want to do this, but it is really hard for me to exercise/ get motivated to exercise. :tongue:

Jill

Replies

• alliebe
    alliebe Posts: 21
    Options
    How about running/walking. There is a great beginner running program online for free, couch to 5K. It trains you for a 5K (3.1 mile run). I am eight weeks in and already able to run 38 minutes at a time 3.31 miles.

There are some great workout videos as well, P90X is a great workout program, I also enjoy zumba discs as well as Turbo jam.
  • melinda6569
    melinda6569 Posts: 124
    Options
    if you have on demand you can get workout videos for free :-). i love walking..
  • kristiedavis1
    Options
    Easy and workout in the same thought made me laugh....I thought about how many times I wished that I found excercise easy. On a more serious note, you might want to take a look at the excercise options listed in the excercise diary just to see what others are doing for a place to start. I like the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred that has a great "beginner" option and doesn't require anything but some hand weights. I'm also a member at Curves and that works for me. Many people just start with walking and go from there.
  • MsLadyVirgo
    MsLadyVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I started back w/Walking & Wii Fit Plus. If feasible, the Wii has fun exercises such as: balancing, coordinaiton, and funcitonal game trainigs; strength training; cardio; and yoga workouts.
  • fultzjaf
    fultzjaf Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really appretiate all of the feedback. I will try these and see how it works for me. Thanks again! :smile: