overweight and insanity

Options
My name is Arielle, I am 295lbs. Today I start the 60 day Insanity workout. I don't see much support for fat people to do this workout, so I wanted to make this post in hopes for support and if anyone else out is about to start their own insanity workout!

Replies

• mabinethin
    mabinethin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey Arielle...I have done insanity in the past, it's a hardcore workout...I could barely make it through the warm-up...but I did lose weight while doing it. Don't push yourself...do what you can do. It took me a few weeks to get through the 1st DVD...But I did see results.
  • katywoo24
    katywoo24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My name is Arielle, I am 295lbs. Today I start the 60 day Insanity workout. I don't see much support for fat people to do this workout, so I wanted to make this post in hopes for support and if anyone else out is about to start their own insanity workout!

• katywoo24
    katywoo24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Arielle, I was wondering how you are doing with insanity? I have looked at this and thought it's not for me but may be you can change my mind!!
  • ariemijesse13
    ariemijesse13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tried the fit test last week, and then I missed some days, so today I started over with the fit test it's intense, I watched the workout that I'm supposed to do tomorrow, so when I do it, I will let you know how it went. I will keep you posted. Tomorrow I'm going to buy a scale so I can track my weight, and today was my first day with out soda
  • ariemijesse13
    Options
    Today was my second day, it was rough, I got through it, had to take some breaks, but I did it!
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I was 260 lbs when I started Insanity 188 lbs this morning. It is a great workout. Don't worry about stopping. I used to stop almost every excersize.

I still do the second month workouts today abs still have to take breaks occasionally. Stay strong and Thursday is a break day and it will make you feel better after doing it.

• ariemijesse13
    Options
    Thank you! I love the support. Today is day 5for me. I weighed myself yesterday I was 288!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Hi Arielle, Keep it up! While Insanity is geared toward people at a higher fitness level there is no reason why you shouldn't do it to the best of your ability. Watch your form, take breaks as needed, but get after it! Have fun with it, you will find yourself able to do things you didn't expect to be able to do and that is awesome.
  • Makingmyselfover
    Makingmyselfover Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    mabinethin wrote: »
    Hey Arielle...I have done insanity in the past, it's a hardcore workout...I could barely make it through the warm-up...but I did lose weight while doing it. Don't push yourself...do what you can do. It took me a few weeks to get through the 1st DVD...But I did see results.

How much did u lose? I'm starting myself. 65 pounds overweight and I'm only 5.1.
  • Makingmyselfover
    Makingmyselfover Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Loomisj72 wrote: »
    I was 260 lbs when I started Insanity 188 lbs this morning. It is a great workout. Don't worry about stopping.

How long it took you?
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! I'm a runner and I THOUGHT I was in decent shape. Wrong. Now about a month in I can see changes. I combine it with running so I'm not following it exactly. I am 50 years old and don't have weight to lose but wanted to kick my training up a notch. Just do what you can and stop the tape if you need to rest,
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Loomisj72 wrote: »
    I was 260 lbs when I started Insanity 188 lbs this morning. It is a great workout. Don't worry about stopping.

How long it took you?

It took me about a year to lose all the weight. I did insanity 2 full cycles and then took a little break from excersize due to injuries. I then did t25 for a while and went back to Insanity as o got better results with full insanity.