Hello all

Options
ToneMastaG
ToneMastaG Posts: 13 Member
Hello! I'm new to the App, and fitness in general. There was a time that I played hockey or soccer 3 times a week (not very well mind you) and then ran stairs and did Pilates 3 days a week alternating from the sports. Then I started smoking... Then I had 3 kids... And here I am! Been using the app for a week now. Lost 3 pounds, and feel great! Been trying to work on my heart and lung endurance. I can not express how much I regret starting the Nico demon. I haven't smoked for 5 years, but I still feel like it set my health back greatly. Hoping to find some people to help keep me motivated. If you're interested, please friend me. Also, if anyone has advice on increasing stamina, I'm all ears! I keep having to remind myself that I spent years abusing my body, so it doesn't make sense that I would be able to fix it in a week. Also, if you are in St. Louis, let me know if you want to work out sometime. Podcasts are nice for jogging, but they get old after a while. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• shawnaleigh210
    shawnaleigh210 Posts: 118 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi there! Sounds like you're off to a great start! Be patient with yourself, you will get there. You can do it! ;)

Feel free to add me if you'd like. I love encouraging all of my fitness buddies!
  • lejoie
    lejoie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So glad you're off nicotine! You're gonna accomplish great things here!
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I just quit smoking earlier this year, after smoking for more than 10 years! Hardest thing I ever did, and am still fighting it!! I feel soooo much better now though! Feel free to add me, always great to have new friends
  • ToneMastaG
    ToneMastaG Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your encouragement! @Allie, it gets better but it does take a while. Realizing how nicotine effects you psychologically is half the battle. Just took a walk today with the kids. The 4 and 3 year old in the stroller and the 1 year old in the front carrier. I walked 2 miles in 45 minutes and didn't have any breathing issues! Progress! I was pooped after, but I skipped breakfast lol. Good luck everyone!