How to get rid of thigh fat?!

Options
ok I have huge thighs! Mostly cause of genetics but also cause I have a lot of fat and muscles in my thighs and butt. So how can I slim them down a bit? I also want them to be a bit toned as well but I'm afraid to do any kind of squats or lunges cause I'm afraid it will just look bigger and bulky.

Some people recommended running or jogging in the past but I can't do that, I've tried many times in the past and if I don't enjoy it I don't stick to it. Plus I can't afford a gym so I much rather workout at home with workout DVDs. So does anybody know a good cardio DVD or video that helps burn fat around your thighs? Or burns fat all together?

Thank you!

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Roller skating. I'm 100% serious. If you roller skate 3 times per week while eating at a calorie deficit, I guarantee you'll love the results.
  • xMiracat
    xMiracat Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Roller skating. I'm 100% serious. If you roller skate 3 times per week while eating at a calorie deficit, I guarantee you'll love the results.

haha not a bad idea except I dont know how to roller skate lol! I've tried once and that was some bad experience! LOL
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options

Ice skating does this, too. It's also good for your self-confidence because you're around other...well...it's called skater booty for a reason!

That said, you can't spot reduce. You'll just have to do the deficit and live with wherever the weight comes off first.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit and lift heavy stuff
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ^None of those things is going to make the fat in your thighs go away faster.

Only the calorie deficit (I suggested) will.

BUT she will love her thighs and butt more. She shouldn't be hating on her own amazing body.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. (TM)
  • xMiracat
    Options
    ^None of those things is going to make the fat in your thighs go away faster.

Only the calorie deficit (I suggested) will.

BUT she will love her thighs and butt more. She shouldn't be hating on her own amazing body.

haha thanks after working out for awhile I'm slowly gaining confident of my body it just my thighs are stubborn lol.
  • xMiracat
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

will lifting heavy cause me to look bulky?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    xMiracat wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »

will lifting heavy cause me to look bulky?

Lifitng will not make you bulky. (TM)

Read: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky/p1
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If you are a woman, you will find it extremely difficult to put on muscle to gain 'bulk'.

Squat away. You want your *kitten* to look fabulous after you strip off all the excess fat through your calorie deficit.
  • xMiracat
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    If you're not losing or gaining weight at your current diet just increase activity while keeping your calorie intake the same. You should start dropping size. I would suggest running but you already said you don't enjoy it try hiit

do you know any good hiit home workout videos? I would love to try that!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I have huge thighs. Even at 128 lbs and 20% body fat or less, they were jiggly. The only thing that has helped is calorie deficit for fat loss, and a crap ton of leg and booty work for appearance.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Preach it @arditarose. I have very low BF to begin with and I still have huge thighs. Just my genetics. I have a lot of muscle and it's the first place fat stores. Leg/booty work has done a lot to make them look better, but not sure I can ever get rid of the jiggle at the very top.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Preach it @arditarose. I have very low BF to begin with and I still have huge thighs. Just my genetics. I have a lot of muscle and it's the first place fat stores. Leg/booty work has done a lot to make them look better, but not sure I can ever get rid of the jiggle at the very top.

Yep, and you know what...I bulked to gain muscle and now my legs are BIGGER, but they look better. Because there's actually shape to them and the skin is less...blah. It's a process for sure.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Add muscle.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to select different parents, LOL. Seriously, you are stuck with your DNA thighs and nothing short of a surgical procedure will "spot reduce".

Eat at a calorie deficit and your body will decide where the loss comes from. Exercise will add to your overall fitness and allow you to fall in love with your amazing body.
  • honeyseymour123
    honeyseymour123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can't spot weight loss