Starting The Journey

Options
jbell0428
jbell0428 Posts: 6 Member
BMI is off the chart....obese it says. Waist line is larger than I ever thought it would be...45.5 in. Heavier than I have ever been in my 44 years...253 lbs. Now, after many starts and stops, after much procrastination, after too many times of looking at my gut in the mirror and being tremendously dissatisfied, I'm buckling down. I just gotta DO IT! My body image isn't gonna change until I make it happen, so no more excuses! I'm on day 2 of this journey and off to a decent start......WHO'S WITH ME???????

Replies

• trollerskates
    trollerskates Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am bro. I started at 254 im down to 234 in 2 months. Its fully doable. Just plan your meals when you can. One thing i found is somebody is always offering me some crazy food. But saying no is more than just good for you its good for them. Its important for all of us to be role models. Your choices are very loud, they say more than you ever could with words.
    Way to go too.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • moutonjacobe
    moutonjacobe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can do it Bell you made the hardest challenge yet which was knowing the issue and taking a stand to make a change. The challenge is yourself!
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    best of luck. you have the right mindset!
  • emjayne10
    emjayne10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! Sent you a friend request :)
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    IN! I'm the fattest and most depressed in my whole life. Tired of being tired and lazy all the time. Good luck zir!
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm with you buddy. Take it one day at a time. Keep moving and keep pushing. Whatever you do, just don't give up. Good Luck!!!!!
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I've been on this journey as well and I'm ready for a change. I sent a friend request and anyone else feel free to add me. Let's help each other.
  • jbell0428
    jbell0428 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I look forward to each and everyone's energy, encouragement, and excitement as we get fit together......Let's do it!!!!!
  • akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Weighing in at 339.5 I finally decided to change for the first time in my life. I have found that success for myself it is all mental and I had to educate myself on healthy living to answer the question. Why? Why do I need to eat this or that? Why do I really need to exercise? Then I watched a youtube video by Micheal Kory "How many calories in a day" and for the first time weight loss clicked for me. I wish you great success. I also soaked myself up in success stories. Good Luck.
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You can do it, just take it one day at a time.
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Meeee! 7 days in...let's do this!!!
  • Smile72
    Smile72 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Just hit the RESET button myself. Feel free to add me.
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    One thing i found is somebody is always offering me some crazy food. But saying no is more than just good for you its good for them.

Absolutely this! There is a ridiculous, obscene abundance of cake, biscuits, sweets around my office. It's been a very long time since I've nibbled one, and saying no and just ignoring becomes a better habit. You won't have the guilt, you won't have self disgust. You also won't lose the belly overnight, but by damn you can look yourself straight in the eye and be proud of the effort you're making!

slow and steady wins the race. Onwards and Downwards.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!