Jillian Micheal's BFBM

Options
Anyone else doing this dvd?
A while ago, i posted about being stuck in a weight loss plateau. I was stuck at 10 stone 12lb (152lb), and nothing i could do would shift me from that weight, until i decided to try doing a workout dvd at home, having previously tried Jillian Micheal's 30 day shread, i decided to give that ago again. So i bought the dvd. The dvd came with a bonus disk... Banish fat, boost metabolism so i thought id give it ago. It was hard but i finished it first time and LOVED IT. It was a really intense workout. I did it 3 times that week and lost 2lbs...Finally breaking out of my plateau! Fast forward just over a month later and i am now 10 stone 6lb and so close to my target weight of 10 stone.
However when my fitbit logs the exercise, it says ive burned 280 calories doing it. Doesnt seem like much but its better than doing nothing. Does anyone else do this dvd? If so how many times a week and are you seeing results?

Replies

• sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I did it this week for the first time in ages and loved it! I do the circuits in this order:7, 6, 3, 4, 5, 1, 2. That way, I get more use out of the easier kicking ones (1 and 5) because I am warmed up and can go really deep/high. I also flip the bird at Jillian in circuit 2 when she laughs and says, "We're not even close to being half way through this"- because I am, mofo! :D

I have come down with bronchitis now, but I aim to do BFBM pretty regularly again when I'm better. I love Insanity Max 30 but it's too intense for every day on top of the other stuff I like to do.

I don't have concrete results, but BFBM did wondrous things for my thighs a couple of years back and I hope it will again.

Nice to hear some other love for this DVD! :)
  • Littleowl101
    Littleowl101 Posts: 80 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It annoys me SO much when Jillian says that too.. i take it circuit by circuit and when she says that it just reminds me that ive another 5 circuits to do and when your finally at the finish line, (circuit 7) doing your final set of knee crunches and she pretends to start them but doesnt... it gets me everytime.
  • sarochka85
    sarochka85 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Haha, yeah, that really annoys me sometimes!
  • butcher494
    butcher494 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    iv just started doing this DVD again I did it 6 years ago twice a week and no more trouble zones twice a week also, I was in the best shape of my life and it realy did boost my metabolism I was able to eat whatever and stay lean once I lost the baby weight!! it took about 1 year but the results were amazing my whole body was sculpted!! unfortunately I gained weight Feb 2016 due to not being consistant and eating out more and drinking too much wine and have been stuck however in the last 2 weeks that iv started this again iv lost 3lbs possibly more (hormones