IS THIS A GOOD AMOUNT OF WEIGHT loss?

Options
honeyseymour123
honeyseymour123 Posts: 34 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I lost 4 pounds in 28 days and I'm about 145 pounds and 5ft 5inchs. Is this healthy? Idk how to approach my weight loss. Another issue is, I'm not sure if my body has just fluctuated because last Friday I weighed 10st 7lbs and and I now am 10st 5lbs and I'm confused because I have been eating loads (1300 roughly and I had a 12" pizza from a restaurant) and doing 30 mins of cardio roughly everyday. what's you opinions on this??

(There are 2 questions in that para)

Replies

• KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    4 lbs in 28 days is good

The weight fluctuation is probably just water weight
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    IT'S A FINE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT LOSS, good job.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    4 lbs in 28 days is good

This.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    4 lbs in 28 days is good

Agreed.

Given your stats this is a very healthy and sustainable amount of loss. And yeah, water weight from sodium in pizza is likely the culprit.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 pounds in 28 days and I'm about 145 pounds and 5ft 5inchs. Is this healthy? Idk how to approach my weight loss. Another issue is, I'm not sure if my body has just fluctuated because last Friday I weighed 10st 7lbs and and I now am 10st 5lbs and I'm confused because I have been eating loads (1300 roughly and I had a 12" pizza from a restaurant) and doing 30 mins of cardio roughly everyday. what's you opinions on this??

You are smaller and already at a healthy weight. You have lost about 1 pound a week, which is a bit aggressive for (1) someone who is at a healthy weight and (2) someone who has so little to lose, if any at all.

Also, weight naturally fluctuates.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add to the excellent advice given in this thread.

I'm just wondering why the first post was flagged as spam.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options

Possibly someone accidentally clicked the wrong button. It happens.
  • honeyseymour123
    Options

What do u mean?
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

Possibly someone accidentally clicked the wrong button. It happens.

But why would they be clicking any button? The post is neither spam nor abuse and I can't think of any reason it would be reported.

Sorry to derail. People's silliness just amuses me. Although their inability to read and comprehend short posts does sadden me.

Carry on!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    It was probably just a mistake to flag it- The little flag/quote/like/awesome buttons can be harder to manage on smaller touch screens like my Nexus. :)

But to the OP, you're losing about a pound a week so that's perfect! :) Keep up the awesome work!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Maybe because OP's profile pic is a guy, and clicked the flag button because the post mentioned eating 1300 calories??
  • honeyseymour123
    Options

Maybe because OP's profile pic is a guy, and clicked the flag button because the post mentioned eating 1300 calories??

Lol the profile picture is of matty Healy, a guy from my favourite band. I'm a woman
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

You are smaller and already at a healthy weight. You have lost about 1 pound a week, which is a bit aggressive for (1) someone who is at a healthy weight and (2) someone who has so little to lose, if any at all.

Also, weight naturally fluctuates.

This
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's too aggressive. 1 lb/week is about 1,450 calories per day per MFP for a 145 lb woman. As long as OP is comfortable with that, I'd say it's perfect. Yes it's a healthy weight, but I certainly don't blame OP for wanting to go lower. I'm 5'5" as well, and my overall goal is 120-130 lbs, which is also well within the healthy weight range.
    And I agree- weight naturally fluctuates for several reasons often relating to water retention. Look at the overall trends for the month and not day-to-day, or even week-to-week sometimes.
    I think you're doing great!