Any c-section bellies our there?

Options
So, I had 2 emergency c-sections, my last one almost 5 years ago. I have done amazing at weight loss, and am down almost 20lbs since I started. I believe that I am at my goal weight. My problem is this little ponch that hangs over my scar. Ok, it's a little bigger than "little". But it looks like sagging skin that I have to tuck into my underwear. Anyone out there with past c-sections able to tighten this up, or is it just going to have to be my belly burden forever??

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections and currently pregnant. I was able to get my stomach pretty flat with heavy lifting and calorie deficit after my second section.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    2 emergency csections here. I was also 260lbs (BMI around 44) after my first.

I still have a little overhang over my scar, but it's a lot thinner now then it used to be. I don't know if mine will go away without surgery considering how heavy I was for my height.
    I'm in the low 120s now. nmuvijdtrnp8.jpg
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    FWIW I've had one c-section and was told if I another one that I would have a higher risk of having a hangover even at a healthy weight.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have had two c-sections (12 & 10 yrs ago). I was at a healthy weight before pregnancy and got back to my pre-pregnancy weight pretty quick. My main form of exercise during and shortly after pregnancy was walking. Now I do a combo of DVD workouts (mostly Jillian Michaels) and weight training. My OBGYN doctor just commented last week how strong my abdominal muscles were during my yearly check-up. :blush: Have to say that made me pretty proud of all my hard work! :smile:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Mine will only go away with surgery. Granted, I had been morbidly obese for almost 30 years.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section but my belly got back to normal. I think it's because I had strong abs before pregnancy and I also didn't overeat and stayed reasonable active. Oh, and I also had a tiny belly for some reason, I don't know where the weight I gained went, hahah
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I did not have c-sections, but I had to have another gyn surgery with a lower belly incision hip to hip. As I have lost weight, the overhang is slowing getter smaller. It's still pretty significant. I have another 34 lbs to go, and I sure hope the belly goes down a lot more. But there is no way it will be flat. I have been morbidly obese for many years, and I am sure it will be loose skin.
  • lisarey1977
    lisarey1977 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    3 sections snd yes I have an over hang
  • Meg10777
    Meg10777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had 2 C-sections with a v-back between. I had started to lose the over hang with lots work on the elliptical and circuit training however I fell off the wagon and it is back in full. Glad to know I'm not alone in the battle :)
  • izbugz
    izbugz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section in feb and i had a huge overhang i hate my body atm but the only person that can fix it is me =/
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Four kids, no c-sections, but my skin has been stretched out so many times that there is, and likely always will be (unless I have it surgically removed) some excess loose skin.
  • LStanfield3614
    LStanfield3614 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had an emergency C-section 2 years ago. My belly went back pretty flat but it is a little squishy near the incision site. I only gained 22 pounds during pregnancy though so I didn't have too much weight to lose. I don't know if my belly will ever look how it did before pregnancy but I'm thankful for my scar because it means I have a healthy baby girl-- without it she wouldn't be here.

One of my older coworkers who had 2 C-sections told me that when she had her second, she asked her surgeon to pull her skin tighter and she said he did and now she has no overhang. I have no idea if that's true or not though haha.
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    2 ER c-sections. I have some overhang but I would rather deal with that than have no children or no me :/
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I had 2 vaginal births and I have that over hang. Even when I get down close to my goal weight, the only way it's going away is surgery. But I'm short with fairly big babies and carried all out front so my stomach has been stretched pretty good.
  • Rebekah_89
    Rebekah_89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have had 2 c sections and I have that pooch right above my cut...I don't think it will get flat. :-(
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've had a surgery where I was cut from my belly button down to my shaft through all the muscle and then had some organs/intestines removed from my body.

It's hard to tell from my PP, but my scar section is decent.

I don't think the majority of people will be totally flat in the stomach area but most aren't regardless of incisions or not.

Keep doing your best and stay beautiful!
  • LLT38
    LLT38 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm still losing weight but I expect to always have loose skin around my stomach when I'm done. I had an emergency c-section a year ago after a difficult pregnancy with my rainbow baby. I am grateful to have her and to be getting healthy.
  • Doodles111
    Doodles111 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've had 4 csecs. Before i got pregnant i was 180 lbs. Basically i gained 20 lbs with each pregnancy and never lost it. So i need to lose 100 lbs. I've lost 40 lbs so far. I definately have an overhang, just not sure if it's from csecs, being obese or both. I'm wondering if i do reach my goal if i will have a bunch of loose skin.