Step Challenge for The Physically Limited

Options
Geronica
Geronica Posts: 11 Member
edited February 2016 in Challenges
I thought it would be great for those with "limited" physical abilities, such as, injuries to lower back, legs, knees, anything that causes a limit to exercising, to have a step challenge geared towards them. In this challenge, everyone will have something in common; therefore, can support and encourage one another to get up and do what they can each day, whether its 25, 50, 75, 100 steps.

Replies

• BALNRG
    BALNRG Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea. I've been pushing myself to do a little more everyday. I'll admit, it's helped relieve some of my symptoms as well as elevate my mood. Do you have a Fitbit?
  • Geronica
    Geronica Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    No, I am looking into getting one but I was waiting to get a few partners to help encourage me. Do you have one?
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    No I had one for twenty four hours could not program the thing and my husband I were getting so frustrated with it we were fighting the entire time so we returned it an will never use a peddomter ever again. My work out is in the gym I do strrength training with weight machines and ride the seated elipitcial bike as a workout. Have had three total knee replacements on the same knee in a three uear time frame the last one finely took and that knee is now strable for two years since the last replacement.
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have a pedometer , still trying to figure out how to use it lol . Im also not sure what a step challenge is but I am physicaly limited , but not as much as some. I have spinal problems arthritis and chronic fatigue but I still have good mobility.
  • conniehealthygirl
    conniehealthygirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Aliceaxe a step challenge is you setting your own personal goal for that day. And then think through day and take a step or two and reach your goal
    If your goal was 100 steps all day
    If you got up to go rest room and feel good maybe walk to kitchen and back to increase those steps
    If you don't feel well then don't
    It is challenging yourself to push yourself
    And everyone is encouraging each other
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    ah thanks for the description! I thought it was more like a planned walk or something. hmm I dont think my pedpometer would be suitable for this sort of thing.
  • m_halla110
    m_halla110 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I hope I am not too late to join you all. How do I join? I just got a vivosmart hr.took me sometimes to get it set, but I got it and ready now to try it out.
    Sounds like a great group.