Sardines?

I am in love with eating sardines and eat one and a half tins daily for weeks. I feel great but was told that's too much as they thin your blood. I never heard of this.

Is it ok to eat them daily or should I eat them every other day. Is there any members who eat them daily also.

Thanks

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Ask the person who told you that, what they meant with "thin your blood". I bet they can't answer that. Because its BS.
  • frugalshrimp
    frugalshrimp Posts: 36 Member
    edited May 2016
    Pure BS. No such thing as "thinning your blood." Why are ignorant people so eager to give advice???
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Vitamin E thins the blood. Sardines have a decent amount like 15% per tin but nothing crazy.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    livestrong.com/article/323888-list-of-blood-thinning-foods/

This might be the subject referred to: it has to do with interactions of certain foods with blood-thinning medications, like Coumadin. My mother was on Coumadin for a number of years, and had to watch her intake of things like broccoli and other dark leafy greens (she didn't like fish or seafood, so if the subject ever came up, we forgot it). So the food itself doesn't thin blood, but it can have an affect on blood-thinning medication.