Anyone with PCOS have success stories :)?

Options
2»

Replies

• justineismoney
    justineismoney Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add my own 2 cents. I was diagnosed with PCOS about 6 months ago. I never knew I had PCOS because I was on the pill for years and I was always very active. When I went off the pill a little over a year ago I put on 10 lbs very quickly (almost all of it my stomach, which was always flat). I have tried to loose it, but to no success. By all accounts I'm a healthy weight, but I struggle with much of the PCOS syndrome. It's hard being at the reproductive age and knowing that I'm going to have a hard time having children. I still don't have periods or ovulate. I've really upped the exercise and I'm trying to eat far less carbs and sugars and I hope to loose 5-10 lbs in 6 weeks and maybe get a real period. If any of you are looking for friends for support please add me.
  • MiuNya
    MiuNya Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    YES HUN!! I have lost 35lbs with PCOS!

What I tried was lowering carb intake, drinking mint tea daily, starting exercising including weights and cardio, eating more veg, lean meats and cutting out as much processed and fast food where necessary. Best of luck, its getting real hard for me at the end, the tummy is hard to go with PCOS... im 145lbs now, I was 180.

side note: Ah yes also I make sure and stick to the calories that MFP tells me to eat and just stick to that. I go over some days and under some others but you gotta treat yourself now and then, its no way to live, even if it becomes that tiny bit slower, its better to have progress and enjoy yourself than to stop bc you want to binge and hate your life cutting the foods you love.

(im a sucker for rice and noodles ooooh and crisps hehe)

Me then vs now , hoo boyyy that tum tum I still have :)

9cs7dla0dz6s.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!