Misfit Shine for cycling (and steps)?

Options
Anyone use the Misfit Shine for cycling (and step counting)? I am more curious about cycling though.

I have been reading reviews on Amazon and there are a LOT of complaints about pop-outs and losing the device...but there are a lot of positive remarks about the feel, accuracy, etc.

Any help?

Replies

• thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I had a Misfit Shine. It was a piece of crappie. Look into something else. I bought a Fitbit Charge and am.very happy with it.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your opinion about the Misfit Shine - but I am wanting a cycling wearable that hopefully does other things well.

Unfortunately, Fitbit Charge does not do cycling but it has very high ratings on Amazon.
  • richmond2410
    richmond2410 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I purchased a misfit shine in March and so far I love it. I cycle and swim with it. I wear the rubber wrist band and put it in the clasp for cycling. I have never had it pop out. I have not taken it off since I got it. Absolutely love it. I also have mine linked to mfp so I do not have to log any exercise in mfp anymore. There is also a misfit group in mfp that you can look at for more info.
  • ParishDreamsB
    ParishDreamsB Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i have the misfit flash only and seems to do the job- i use the elliptical sometimes to meet my goal and it racks just fine
  • BettyEtte
    BettyEtte Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I loved my Shine 2 (2016 edition), until it fell out of the wristband and was lost. They claimed the problem was resolved, but it wasn't. All I was doing was walking. Don't know about other good trackers for cycling, but just wanted to encourage you to search hard.