Weight Flucuates

Options
Working out for 20mns a day 2-3 times a week, eating healthy but my weight flucuates by about 5-6pounds every few days. Can someone help me with this issue? I'm assuming mainly water weight/bloating, etc. But it's still a piss off!

Replies

• CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Hard to say without knowing your stats or caloric intake. Are you counting calories or are you just "eating healthier"? Cause without a reasonable caloric deficit you can eat as healthy as you want and work out and you will just maintain.

That being said, I fluctuate between 3-7 lbs over the month due to water. Sometimes all in one day.
  • Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Check your sodium levels. I know when I have a sodium heavy day, I spend about 3-5 days above what I should weigh due to weight. It could be a back up in your bowels. It could be weighing yourself after a meal.

If you are upset about it, look at other ways to measure your progress than just the scale. Measure yourself. Make exercise and food goals and stick to them. I used to get frustrated with the lack of movement on the scale, but I measured. I stayed at the same weight for three weeks, but I lost 4 inches all around. So it was still progress.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates a lot; get used to it. Plus, many scales are inconsistent; I could weight myself multiple times in a row on my last scale and get a different number each time. If fluctuations bother you, stop weighing yourself so often.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    How can we help you accept the fact that weight fluctuates? Take a look at my weight graph. Maybe weigh daily too so you just get used to it.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Yeah maybe try weighing daily and chart it. I went up a pound then dropped 2 pounds so far this week. It really helps to ease your mind
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,021 Member
    Options
    I think weighing daily helps you get used to that. It can be a high sodium day or related you your menstrual cycle or from exercise. My weight will drop for a few days then it will creep up for a few days and then it will hover for a few days and then it will drop again. I also noticed water weight around ovulation and at my period. Weekly weighing would frustrate me because some weeks I am down, some weeks I'm up and some weeks the same. You really just have to accept that there will be water fluctuations. Daily weighing and an app like Libra or Happy scale will help you see the downward trend and you will know that you are on track.
  • blondie_vix
    blondie_vix Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How can we help you accept the fact that weight fluctuates? Take a look at my weight graph. Maybe weigh daily too so you just get used to it.

It's not that its a big deal to me, I'm not freaking out over it, I'm just wondering if theres a way I can control it better is all. :) no need to "help me accept it"
  • blondie_vix
    blondie_vix Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hard to say without knowing your stats or caloric intake. Are you counting calories or are you just "eating healthier"? Cause without a reasonable caloric deficit you can eat as healthy as you want and work out and you will just maintain.

That being said, I fluctuate between 3-7 lbs over the month due to water. Sometimes all in one day.

Im counting calories on here and every day I'm very under the limit it set. I'm still new to working out and what not so not totally sure how it all works. :) thank you!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

It's not that its a big deal to me, I'm not freaking out over it,
    Great :smiley:

I'm just wondering if theres a way I can control it better is all. :)
    No, you can't.

no need to "help me accept it"
    Good :smile:
    But you may need help to understand it better, if you still insist on wanting to control/stop it.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    My weight fluctuates quite a bit each week. I weigh daily and I have become comfortable with the pattern. I am usually at my low point on Wednesday. Then, on Thursday - Monday I will be up about 3 - 4 lbs. Then I lose those lbs. for a new low on Wednesday. It happens most of the time - no matter how accurate I am with logging, keeping sodium under goal, etc. The only time this pattern doesn't happen is hormonal fluctuations every three months (due to my BC pills).