STILL HUNGRY

Options
my dilemma is that if i ate a turkey sandwich and fruit....im sorry but that is not enough and im starving still. Dont know what to do to satisfy my hunger after eating a light lunch. even when i eat breakfast im starving by lunch. any suggestions>?

Replies

• katherine30
    Options
    my dilemma is that if i ate a turkey sandwich and fruit....im sorry but that is not enough and im starving still. Dont know what to do to satisfy my hunger after eating a light lunch. even when i eat breakfast im starving by lunch. any suggestions>?
  • healthychic
    Options
    I just bought those Chips ahoy, oreo, and Keebler 100 calorie cookie snacks, those seem to tide me over until lunch. Or Rold Gold Honey Wheat pretzels, those are really yummy too and low calories and they fill you up too.

-Danielle
  • twink3110
    Options
    Watch your coffee. I find that I can get by with 1-8oz cup in the am but if I have 2 I'm really hungry at lunch. Hope this helps. Coffee is an appetite stimulant.
  • hackney3
    Options
    I can tell I haven't had enough to drink when I feel really hungry even after I've eaten. Keep some water with you (you can flavor it up and it's a nice sweet treat). I also get this terrible hungry feeling if I've had too many acidic foods or juices. Too much caffeine can make you feel hungry, as well.
  • krazykayzy
    krazykayzy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is a copy of what I ate today and the times that I ate them. At the moment I am soooo stuffed I don't even want to think about food. I'm cycling my calories, meaning I eat 1400 calories for three days in a row and then on the fourth day I eat 1800 calories regardless of how much I exercise. I also have a higher protein diet than some because I do a fair amount of weights four days a week. However, more protein will keep you full longer and spreading your meals out every couple of hours will keep your mouth busy and your mind off of your stomach.

Bread - Mixed-grain, toasted (includes whole-grain, 7-grain), 2 slice, large
    Grapefruit - Raw, pink and red, all areas, 0.5 fruit (3-3/4" dia)
    Chicken - Breast, meat only, raw, 0.5 breast, bone and skin removed

Eggs - Poached (whole egg), 1 large
    Eggs - White only, raw, 4 large

Detour - Protein Bar, 1 bar (43g)
    Chicken - Breast, meat only, cooked, fried, 0.5 breast, bone and skin removed

Beef - Top sirloin, lean only, choice, cooked, pan-fried (Sirloin steak, Sirloin strip), 3 oz
    Broccoli - Raw, 1 cup, chopped

Beef - Top sirloin, lean only, choice, cooked, pan-fried (Sirloin steak, Sirloin strip), 3 oz
    Cauliflower - Cooked, boiled, drained, with salt, 2 cup (1" pieces)
    no name - non-hydrogenated margarine, 2 tsp
    Garlic - Raw, 2 cloves

Total: 1,374 78 43 161
    Your Daily Goal: 1,200 165 40 45
  • LAURA_MFP
    Options
    I eat fruit between meals - an apple at mid-morning and a banana in the late afternoon. I find bananas particularly filling. I bring these with me from home so they're available if I need them and keep them on my desk.
  • CamCam
    CamCam Posts: 43
    Options
    I get to work at 9:30, so im usually eating about 9:45. if i get hungry before lunch (which is 1pm) i eat a fruit and like everyone says, drink water.
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    I would eat something like a cheese and ham rolled up. Tons of protein and oh so good.
  • thebadbear
    Options
    try eating smaller meals throughout the day, and have protein and good carbs at each meal.
    breakfast - oatmeal with berries and egg whites
    snack - yogurt (fat free) and almonds (just a handful)
    lunch - salad with chicken breast and an apple or something
    snack - fruit and almonds or multi grain toast with natural peanut butter
    dinner - steak and veggies, chicken and veggies with brown rice - or whatever
    snack - air popped plain popcorn - sometimes with a few squirts of becel spray and seasoning.

thats somewhat what I do, I'll substitute a protein bar or something if i'm feeling lazy.
    And adding lemon and/or lime to your water may help! :) I am doing the Eat Clean diet - not to a T, but it seems to be working!!! :)
    best of luck!