Exercise advice please help!

Hello! I'm having problems with my knee. Any advice or suggestions on workouts that can help me continue on my weight loss journey?

Replies

• Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Have you tried swimming? It's very low impact and great for people with knee/leg issues.
  • SailorSarah311
    SailorSarah311 Posts: 172 Member
    Yoga is a great exercise. You learn to stretch all those achy muscles.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    First of all you should see an orthopedist as far as your knee depending on what kind of pain you've had and how long you've had it.

As far as weight loss that's a separate issue. As long as you eat less calories than your body needs you'll lose the weight whether you exercise or not.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    There are so many potential causes of knee pain, if it's not resolved by a few weeks of rest, ice and ibuprofen then you should see a medical professional who can diagnose the true cause and give you a good treatment plan.

Ice it a few times a day, and after any exercise for sure, but try to REST!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited May 2016
    Two separate issues....
    Hello! I'm having problems with my knee.
    Get the injury diagnosed properly - knees are far too complex to guess and well meaning exercise advice could turn out to be exactly the wrong thing to do for whatever your particular injury is.
    Any advice or suggestions on workouts that can help me continue on my weight loss journey?
    That's a function of a calorie deficit and if you are less active you will need to take that into account.
  • jikia92
    jikia92 Posts: 6 Member
    I have a medial meniscus tear
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Based on your answer my guess is you've got it diagnosed by an orthopedic surgeon. Talk to him about what your next step is.
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Weight loss is about calories in, calories out. Eat less than what you burn. Exercising is for health benefits. If you'd like to stay off your knee, I'd recommend doing upper body/core exercises. For lower body, walking is fine. Focus on stretches that can help alleviate knee pains.