Hey.

Options
Hey.
So I am back here again and this time I'm really gonna try harder then last year.

My question is, any advice for weightloss?
Right now I am feeling really sad because it feels like I tried everyrhing and nothing happens.
Anyone in the same situation?

It would be nice to talk so someone that feels the same way or someone that last some weight and have some advice.

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    This post is amazing:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

And the posts in this sticky:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest

In short. Weigh all your solid and semi solid food with a food scale, choose database entries that reflect packaging information. Eat what you like, just as long as you stay within your calorie goal....yes, it really is that simple. It's how I lost 85lbs. I never cut out any foods. I eat lots of carbs. I don't cut down on my fat consumption. Forget about all those sill weight loss rules (such as don't eat after a certain time, don't eat this or that).

• AngelicaSamuelsson92
    AngelicaSamuelsson92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the posts.
    I will start to scale what I eat here and hope it will work.
    Tho I have been eating really good for 8 weeks now and thing.
    Sometime I think I'm ment to be fat haha.
  • fitbride15
    fitbride15 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey! My name is Karla I am from Philly.... I have a similar situation was eating healthy and working out but no results.... so then I started really looking at everything I was eating...all the little snacking..and the cheat meals etc etc and it was really adding up. Now I am committed 100% and appreciate any help/support I can help..add me! we can do this!
  • AngelicaSamuelsson92
    Options
    Hey Karla. I'm angelica from sweden.

Yes! I now exactly what you mean.
    I don't work out tho, I'm work all night and almost sleep all day but I try to do some walks when I am off work.
    I've been eating healthy for 8 weeks and thing the scale number won't move mabye 1 kg but then it goes up again.
    I do write everthing I eat but I don't scale it so mybe my problem is that I eat healthy but to much? Anyways hope this app will help out.
    I will definitely add you and maybe we can keep it touch. All support is good.
  • luciahough
    luciahough Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started working with a nutrition coach and dang is it worth it. I was in the same boat as y'all but she tells me what to eat and I just go buy the groceries and prep everything on Sunday :) I'd look into that
  • AngelicaSamuelsson92
    Options
    I live in a small town so I don't know if we have that, we do have personl trainer tho.

Can you eat stuff you like or dose she decied everthing?
  • JusaintRite
    JusaintRite Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm back too, we'll get it thus time, for sure!
  • AngelicaSamuelsson92
    Options
    You bet :) let's so this.
    I hope to loose some before christmas.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    The most common beginning mistakes are:

1. Changing too much too fast. --so don't replace every meal with something new right away.
    2. Eating too little, getting hungry, then eating way, way too much. --so don't think "diet food" is all 100 calories or less.
    3. Labeling foods as "good" and "bad." --some food is high calorie, some is low calorie, some has more nutrients than others. It is all "good" or "bad" for someone. Even salad is bad, should you have Crohn's disease. Don't assign morality to your food.
    4. Having unrealistic expectations. --Yes, this is a mistake. Two pounds of weight lost a week is really fast. One pound a week is better for most people, and a half pound a week is what you can expect to lose closest to your goal weight.
    5. Logging food inaccurately. --But I see that you are already considering weighing food for measurements. Good! It will help.
    6. Thinking that this is a "diet" that they can stop. --Sorry, no. Welcome to your life. Instead of a "cheat" meal, plan your treat into your day or week. You can probably eat everything you eat now, just not at the same frequency and in the same portions.

Good luck, you can get this.
  • AngelicaSamuelsson92
    Options
    Thank you. I will consider everything you have writen :D