Seeing a dietician in two weeks

Options
This will be my first time. What can I expect from the visit? Has anyone else seen one?

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I have it depends upon what you ask. Have a questionnaire ready, so that you receive the specific answers; to what's necessary for you to know & not just have to listen to information that you already know and/or apply.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have consulted with a registered dietitian for the last four years to be sure she has degree and be sure that she can prove to you that she has a registered dietitian degree. there are thousands that call themselves nutritionists and dietitians with no degree those are the ones to avoid. If she is a registered and degreed dietician she will be worth seeing.
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    When I first consulted the registered dietitian that I have been using often on for four years, she asked for a journal of what I was eating. I am a vegetarian and she made adjustments suggesting that I increase certain foods and add a multivitamin mineral supplement.
  • RoseMagick
    RoseMagick Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen one to date but its something I'd like to ask my doctor about. Anything that can help me get a better grasp on this journey and help me understand the choices I'm making would be beneficial. Good luck with your appointment!
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I have consulted with a registered dietitian for the last four years to be sure she has degree and be sure that she can prove to you that she has a registered dietitian degree. there are thousands that call themselves nutritionists and dietitians with no degree those are the ones to avoid. If she is a registered and degreed dietician she will be worth seeing.

Yes, she is a registered dietician with her bachelors and masters.

• underthecherrytree
    Options
    I am hoping she can tell me what percent of macros to eat. There is so much different info online: low carb diet, high protein diet, 40-30-30. I have no idea what to do! Lol
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Print out three or four days of your diary so you guys can save time and she/has something to work with.
  • underthecherrytree
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Print out three or four days of your diary so you guys can save time and she/has something to work with.

Thank you!!
  • LadyMcBeth
    LadyMcBeth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How do we print out our MFP diary?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    LadyMcBeth wrote: »
    How do we print out our MFP diary?

at the very bottom of the food diary page, below the water tracking part, is a big green button that says View Report (Printable) or something similar; click that and then you can print from there