Others looking to lose about 25 lbs?

Options
I'm new here and would love to talk to others who are looking to lose about the same amount as me (25 lbs). Would be great to have people to help motivate me especially on those down days! Looking forward to hearing from people!

Replies

• REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and would love to talk to others who are looking to lose about the same amount as me (25 lbs). Would be great to have people to help motivate me especially on those down days! Looking forward to hearing from people!
  • tbirdl2008
    Options
    i am right with you, but it shouldnt matter how much or how lil we need to lose..
    the motivation is what counts... if you ever feel down give me a holla:)
  • tekrueger
    Options
    I've got 22 to go. I hope I can do it.
    Thomas
  • RunningRatty
    Options
    I have 26lbs to go....have already lost 7lbs and now it's getting hard!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I am down 6 and ready for 25 more.....the mountain is SOOOO high!!!! But we can all climb it. Some days are better than others...

dd
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 8 lbs since I started this site and I'm looking to loose 25 more!
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    I've lost 12 lbs so far and have 28 to go.
  • DaniUSA
    Options
    I want to loose 20lbs.

So, nice team here :)

:drinker:
  • Rachel22
    Options
    Losing 25lbs is my target and would exactly put me at my goal weight of 140lbs. I find the emotions tied to losing weight challenging...feeling good about myself no matter what I eat, loving my body at every weight, not bending to the image projected of women in the world of fashion, not only exercising to lose weight but exercising because I love to and it makes me feel fit and strong in my body, not letting myself down when I have made the committment to lose the weight, not feeling shame about the extra weight around my middle especially because I am fit and healthy at 165lbs. It's not all about food, even though food plays a big part.

The best motivation I have found is to work out with friends, do exercise that I love, talk out loud about my feelings about my body and do great things for myself. It has to be about what we fill ourselves with....passion, art, music, friends, family, great work in the world and clean healthy food.......not what we are depriving ourselves from. Our minds know when we are lying about our motivations and our bodies know when we are depriving it.

What do other people think?
  • beanyspoon
    Options
    I want to loose 25lbs, so far have done 6lbs in 2 weeks.... which I never thought possible!
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    Ooopppsss.... I meant I have 38 lbs to go 28 lbs until my first goal. :bigsmile:
  • D_estiny
    Options
    I have lost 26 pounds and I have about 19-22 pounds more I woukd like to lose. :)
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I have lost 26 pounds and I have about 19-22 pounds more I woukd like to lose. :)

26 pounds, congratulations!!!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yep...I have 24-29 pounds left to lose. I have lost a total of 19 pounds since November. So I just need to keep up the good work! If any of you hope to lose this weight by July this summer, you should see our "JULY GOAL CHALLENGE". I started it last week called "Anyone going to hit goal weight this summer?" and then followed by "I'll call this July Goal Challenge" so look back at those posts if you are interested! We just started our first check in this week "JULY GOAL CHALLENGE (Feb.4-Feb.10)" :drinker: Good luck to you all!!
    *Kistinbee*
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    I have about 18 more pounds to go!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • CTop73
    CTop73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just signed up this past weekend and I am in the same boat. I have not lost any yet but I am setting my goal at 21 lbs!!

This is a great way to stay motivated!! Keep up the good work everyone! :wink:
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 in 3.5 weeks (to my shock and pleasant surprise!) and have 26 to go. I'm nervous because I'm scared of hitting a plateau but I'm doing my best to just keep on because it seems to be working just the way it is.
    We can do it! I'm thankful for all the advice on this board. It really helps.
    (And I know I need to calm down. I'm afraid of something that hasn't happened and may not happen! (the plateau) Duh!)
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I have a goal to lose 55.5 pounds by May '08 and so far I've lost 23.

I started out at 235.5 and today I'm sitting at 212.0.

My biggest fear is a plateau that I won't have the patience to wait out and cross over.
  • yeah 25 pounds! me too:)
  • mel555
    Options
    I am also looking to lose 20-25 lbs. I really need help to stay motivated.