Drinking while dieting?

Options
I'm pretty strict with my diet I'm clean eating as much as I can. I do like a drink in the evening now and then and I'm wondering if this will have a negative effect on my diet. While on my diet I have only had one shot of vodka in water with a slice of lemon twice a week.

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    if it fits into you calorie goal then youre fine. going a little over once in awhile is ok too. you would have to drink a LOT of vodka (enough to go over maintenance calories) for it to make a difference in weight loss.
  • sonyadilworth
    sonyadilworth Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Its literally just a shot. I had a bad reaction from friends 're this but they are into body building so their goals are different.
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My only concern with drinking is that I would get too drunk and lose control and eat large amounts of food that I normally wouldn't. If you can have one or two and they fit in your calorie count you're totally fine.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I just tried this last night. It is only 88 calories and has a very refreshing taste!
    y250gep0b8tc.jpg
  • sonyadilworth
    sonyadilworth Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That looks lovely. I'm happy out with just the one. I've cut out everything else that's not good for me and this is the only thing I've kept. I don't mind mixing with water either
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Its literally just a shot. I had a bad reaction from friends 're this but they are into body building so their goals are different.

I agree with your friends. :D
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

I agree with your friends. :D

And you're wrong.
  • SaraBeth2007
    SaraBeth2007 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of wine, as long as it falls within my calorie goals for the day (which I do my best to ensure it does or I won't partake that day), most days of the week. I've continued to lose consistently.