Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Feel awful!

Over the past three days I've gone over my calories. I havent lost that much only two pounds so far (pound a week) which is good but I fear I've gained them back. 3 days ago I went over by nearly 300, the next 53 over which isn't too bad, and today nearly 500. I would like to lose about 7lb before my holiday, but I know from tomorrow onwards I cant go over calories. I tried doing 1200 but couldn't stick to it that well.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    You're still probably at a deficit. Don't even sweat it.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Find a level you can stick with for the long run, even if the weight comes off a tad slower. Try 1400-1500.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    edited May 2016
    What is your exercise life like? Do you have variety in your meals? If you find that your food intake is a drudge, you may want to mix it up a little. Above all, don't be so darned hard on yourself.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Ah, what I meant was I feel I could only.lose 7lb before my holiday (which is in about 6 weeks) I have a bit over 14lb to lose. Exercise wise I try to get in 10,000 steps each day.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    And I eat 1490 which is usually enough.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Focus on toning rather than weight loss for that short of a time frame. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred videos level 1 and 2 are free on YouTube.
    You'll notice more results faster doing that than you would by just losing 7 lbs.
    Still try to stick around 1500-1600 Cals a day and don't eat back exercises ones.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Focus on toning rather than weight loss for that short of a time frame. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred videos level 1 and 2 are free on YouTube.
    You'll notice more results faster doing that than you would by just losing 7 lbs.
    Still try to stick around 1500-1600 Cals a day and don't eat back exercises ones.

Problem is I don't eat healthy though and to be honest, don't really plan to. That's why I calorie count.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Go for a 1/2 hour walk. You will feel better and it will help with your calories. Don't give up. You can do this.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 902 Member

Problem is I don't eat healthy though and to be honest, don't really plan to. That's why I calorie count.
    Don't forget this isn't a one-time thing for weight loss. To keep weight off, you need a life change, even if a small one. Otherwise, your weight can very well come right back on. Just a little bit of exercise once a day, a small amount, is a HUGE difference.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    You have to commit, or it won't work. Set your loss for .5 lbs a week, move more, and stay within your calorie goal. If you don't have a digital scale, buy one and use it for all the foods you are eating--weigh and measure everything. MFP works. Good luck.
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Find a level you can stick with for the long run, even if the weight comes off a tad slower. Try 1400-1500.

This. I struggled at 1200 calories a day--some days I would do well--other days I would go over and feel terrible about it. After reading through the forums, I decided to recalculate my weekly goals. Now my daily intake is 1460, which is reasonable and sustainable. By not feeling deprived or hungry, I've been successful (finally). The weight is coming off slowly, but I'm down 5 lbs! And it feels good to stick to my limit every day.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member

Depending what you mean by you don't eat healthy, it may be time to change that.. I would be perpetually hungry if i ate mainly junk food or empty calories. But your diary is closed, so i have no idea how you eat.

Fruit,veggies, lean meats and protein in general are filling and satisfying. Take a look at your protein, fat and carbs. Are you often very high carb and lower on the other 2 macros?