100lbs seems so far

Options
I need to lose at least 100lbs but it seems like it's never gonna come. I've tried losing weight so many times before and the most I've lost was about 15 pounds and then I would give up and go right back to my old ways. My weight got up to 245lbs within the past year. Now I weight 238.4 but it seems to be bouncing back and fourth and I've been over 200lbs for the past 6 or 7 years. Feel free to add me for support.

Replies

• Tiffanylynn1024
    Tiffanylynn1024 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Good advice! Thank you
  • Tiffanylynn1024
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Small goals do sound a lot better! I did think about giving myself rewards whenever I would lose 10, 20, etc. pounds.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I think another thing to consider is to do something that will be sustainable for the foreseeable future.

For instance: if you do not like kale, do not force yourself to eat it because it's "healthy." If you do like pizza, find a way to limit the amount of pizza you eat at once or make it at home and make it healthier than take-out.
    The same goes for exercise. If you hate running, don't do it! If you think you might like running or hiking or yoga, try it out!

I would also suggest going to group fitness classes if you're a member of a gym. It's a lot of fun and the instructor can tell you everything you need to know for the class. If you're not a member of the gym, there are plenty of exercises online that are free and you can definitely lose weight/get fit with those.
  • hellokittyandpunisherforever
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    100 pounds is a long way, but lots of people here have done it. In addition to focusing on smaller weight goals, have other goals too, in nutrition, fitness, measurements, etc. You won't feel great about the scales every week, but if you have lots of small goals, you'll always have successes.

Establish a clear eating plan and develop good "habits" in eating and fitness. You won't "feel motivated" every day, but you can still follow the habits you've established.

I would encourage you to gain some insight into why you "give up" once you get going, so you can change that perspective. We're all in this for the long haul, and giving up is not an option!

SW 301
    CW 161
    GW 150
    2 years
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Patience, patience, patience. Log everything. You adjust in time. I've been on 100 diets and they all failed because they were restrictive. The amazing about my fitness pal is by counting calories we can enjoy all the foods we love. You can do this. Stay focused. Believe in yourself. Look at it this way one day you'll arrive but it's going to take patience. You can do this !
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Tiffyrh07 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone. Small goals do sound a lot better! I did think about giving myself rewards whenever I would lose 10, 20, etc. pounds.

My reward at 240 was to participate in a 5K. My reward at 220 will be to run in a 5K.
  • hkopella
    hkopella Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Tiffyrh07 wrote: »
    I need to lose at least 100lbs but it seems like it's never gonna come. I've tried losing weight so many times before and the most I've lost was about 15 pounds and then I would give up and go right back to my old ways. My weight got up to 245lbs within the past year. Now I weight 238.4 but it seems to be bouncing back and fourth and I've been over 200lbs for the past 6 or 7 years. Feel free to add me for support.

You've already made a great accomplishment for taking the first step and working hard at losing over 6lbs!!! Take it 1 or 2 lbs at a time. You got this girl!

• ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    10 pounds also happens to be approximately one dress size, so just set em up one after the other and keep knocking them down one by one :)
  • Rosiev2014
    Rosiev2014 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey! Small goals are the way forward...celebrate every new stone reached, every 10lbs, every BMI stage reached, when you're the weight you last were a year ago/2 years ago. I buy a new item of clothing each stone I reach (nothing expensive though coz hopefully it'll not fit after a couple of months!). Best wishes with all your efforts!
  • MoonlitEve
    MoonlitEve Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I'm new to the community and am attempting to lose 100+ pounds if you want to add me for support then please do, as I am attempting to create a support group as well. I myself have been obese my entire life so reaching a goal weight of 140lbs seems so far off and not likely to happen, but as I see it:

"Whether I can or can't I am right either way."

In addition, if someone tells you that 'you can't' you tell them or think to yourself, 'watch me.'

• StrongerMadison
    StrongerMadison Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 150+. It is a long way. But remember, it didn't come on quickly so it definitely wont come off quickly!
  • Tiffanylynn1024
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! I appreciate everyone's advice :):):):):):):)
  • NMSever
    NMSever Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree with the smaller goals. My initial goal was 50lbs. But I just kept going as I saw the improvements and how great I felt. I'm now down 103lbs! I'm just maintaining now and working on toning. Good luck and I hope you find what works for you!!