150+ pounds to lose

Options
gmhall2006
gmhall2006 Posts: 12 Member
Hello Everyone,

Im joining the board with the hope of getting myself back in shape. Im a former athelete who has ballooned to 430 pounds, and I need to lose at least 100-150 pounds. I know I didnt get this fat overnight, and Im not going to get healthy overnight, but I want to start making concrete gains in the right direction. I have a wife and a wonderful daughter, and I want to handle this issue before it severely impacts my health for the long term.

Replies

• Doodles111
    Doodles111 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Take it 20 lbs at a time. It's alot to think of losing 100-150 lbs. I'm in the same boat. I need to lose 100 lbs. 40 lbs down and worki g on my next 20! You can do it, for yourself and your family!
  • Rhonda33569
    Rhonda33569 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    New to the community and not sure how to join in a discussion and get friends... but I fit in this group.. yo-yo all my life always put on more then I lose in the long road. .. 80 off then 100 on... would love to have encouragement and accountability from others... friend me if you would like.... :)
  • ofcsfoster36
    ofcsfoster36 Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I started at 420 lbs I am down to 343 at last weigh in. Got about another 100 to go. It's a long journey but wort it in the end. You can add we will make it together.