single mother trying to do better for my kids

Options
Im a 27 year old single mother with three kids. a 3 year old and 9 month old twins. I recently lost my income and had to move back into my dads where he has tempting food everywhere. My daughter, one of the twins is fixing to have surgery to have tubes put in her ears and to repair her cleft palate she was born with. I cant tell you how many times i have started and stopped diets because i had people laughing at me or people telling me that i cant stop snacking so ill never lose weight. to top it off my dad isnt the biggest support. he knows that i want to lose weight but doesnt believe i can stick to a diet in order to do it. i have three babies to keep up with and i do it all on my own. i need to lose 100 lbs but id honestly be happy for right now to lose 50. just to start feeling better about myself. i have had some pretty mentally abusive relationships where i allowed them to belittle me and im trying to rebuid. or even begin to feel confident in my skin. i want to be the confident women im trying to build in my daughter, and will my other daughter when she gets old enough. i want to teach my son also to appreciate a women no matter her size. i just need any help i can get. i have no one in my corner to support me or encourage me to push forward.
thanks in advance :):(

Replies

• heatherisabeldrew
    heatherisabeldrew Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom too! Congrats on taking the first steps to better yourself and your children. I have a 13y/o son and 10yr old daughter. Being a single mom isn't easy. I have started playing w my kids (passing a big ball, volley ball, swimming or walking in a pool while they swim, etc) outside of our daily stuff. I was going to a local gym w a co-worker but I became lazy and had some health issues to deal w so stopped taking care of me. When my kids were smaller I would do mommy and me exercises, using my babies as weights. Even doing a little a cpl times a day will help you feel better and start the process. The ear tube surgery, while scary your child has to go through it, is a very simple surgery. I'm not sure how the cleft palate repair is but I see kids at my job that are doing great a few days post op and all thru childhood. I too tend to snack. Sucking on sugar free candy, listening to music help the mental stuff. Increasing my protein and snacking on carrots, cucumber, green peppers, celery and pb helped me a lot. You should be very proud of yourself for getting out there, asking for help and support, and just take baby steps....you CAN DO THIS. ☺
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    With your esteem already at risk this is going to be difficult at first. Choose to love yourself. It is well worth the effort and you can do this. Stay close to your MFP friends they are a great source of encouragement. Do it for you and do it for your precious little ones that love you! You don't need your father's support to do this but it is going to be challenging for you as long as you live there. Buy fresh fruits and vegetables for you and your children to offset the empty calories of all the junk food that your father brings into the house.
    Stay focused. Enjoy your children. Children are our jewels. And don't forget to check in often with your MFP friends. They will be an incredible source of support and strength to you.
  • mamastrong12
    mamastrong12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I needed that. I had a bad day today and I've really been beating myself up.
  • mamastrong12
    mamastrong12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can y'all send me friend request!!,
  • neomellojenn
    neomellojenn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am on day 12 of my journey. I have about 140lbs to lose. I post my struggles on my profile. Add me.

I'm a single mom and veteran who is socially isolated much of the time. I could really use as many friends as I can get.
  • jayele72
    jayele72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm a separated dad of 1 who lost about 55 pounds going from a size 42 waist to 30. You got this!!!
  • Mrmiller0422
    Mrmiller0422 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hang in there stay strong you can do it trust me I know you will it add me n my fiance 1mcwill
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mother of a 6 year old son....I know the everyday hardships! Feel free to add me! :)
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Single mom to a 4 year old daughter who I do not want to share my weight issues with! Feel free to add me! We had to move in with my parents as well. You've got this, friend. Just remember that you can do this, and forget what everyone else has to say.