23 and need to lose 50-60lbs

Options
My name is Jessica and since I got out of high school and stopped playing sports I have slowly been packing on the pounds. Lately I have zero motivation. I recently graduated from college with a Elementary Education major and there are zero jobs where I live. Sooo, unfortunately I have all the time in the world not working and all, yet still waited to NOW to get my act together. Hoping this site will keep me true and motivated. Fingers crossed!

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! i am sure this site will help you!
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Welcome!!! That is very similar to what happened to me.

I stopped figure skating competitively but I kept eating like I was working out 6 days a week... It takes a lot of will power and motivation to learn how to make the right choices when it comes to eating. Something I still struggle with now. I am sure that you will find this sight to be a helpful tool! GOOD LUCK.
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica
    No need to keep those fingers crossed. It is more productive to tie the laces on your running shoes instead and find some stairs to climb or trails to discover:) (just kidding). You will indeed find this site very helpful with tons of supportive folk, lots of similar stories to yours to keep you motivated and plenty of useful little tips along the way. As a teacher (and I am sure eventually something will come up), exercise is one of the best ways to reduce stress our job brings with it (I teach middle school). Try to set some simple goals, starting with today I shall embrace the fact that I can be fitter, healthier and all around even more amazing. Be well.
  • alynnbennett
    alynnbennett Posts: 182
    Options
    Welcome I love this sight! And the people that are on here are a great support system and motivators. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    Good luck, friend me if you would like. I went to school to be a school counselor- zero jobs in Ca, so I know the feeling. I have a job but not anywhere close to the field I would like to be in.
  • beautybrainsbooty
    beautybrainsbooty Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!! I did it just logging and it was doable. MFP keeps you motivated and moving forward. Best of luck girl! Friend me if you'd like :)
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here as well, but i've come to find that no matter how new you are, there is so much motivation here and so many people lingering and willing to help in your success!! Goodluck!
  • winefinethistime
    Options
    im just like you! I graduated with the same major in 2010 as well and i just decided to use this website to help myself out too.
  • curvycreation
    curvycreation Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This site has been great for me. The people are so supportive.
  • JessSchmitz
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I am already feeling great having with all the encouraging words. I should have done this sooner! You're all the best!
  • XxBri22xX
    XxBri22xX Posts: 183
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it! Just stay motivated! Keep picturing how great you'll look after you lose the weight and how much better you'll feel! Feel free to add me as a friend (: