Motivational books...

Options
highwood1968
highwood1968 Posts: 61 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Anybody have any recommendations re: motivational/self help books...does not have to be weight loss related but can be stuff like changing habits, etc.

I find that I tend to have all these goals I want to achieve..i.e. weight loss/get in shape/finish my post secondary diploma, etc. etc. Yet often I find I my motivation wanes and I seem to revert back to old habits in my life ....and do not finish/achieve what I want to:(

Any books, etc. that changed your life/your way of thinking??

Replies

• cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Charles Duhigg - The Power of Habit
    Jesse Itzler - Living with a SEAL
  • highwood1968
    Options
    Awesome...I will check those out! Thanks:) Like I said I am so tired of not living up to my potential...and just letting laziness or some lame excuse stop me.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    These are mainly intended to be management focused (hence why I read them) but I found each had some really good takeaways for life in general:

Switch: How to Change When Change is Hard (I previously wrote up a synopsis on MFP here)
    The Four Disciplines of Execution (I particularly like focusing on the wildly important)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Books by Louise Hay
    Also her blog http://www.healyourlife.com/tags/affirmations
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I like Walker Percy, he's quite literary. An existentialist but also a southerner and a devout Catholic. His most famous book is The Moviegoer, for which he won a National Book Award. I also like The Second Coming.

His books will give you a valuable perspective on both life and weight loss, and what it means to be alive in this turbulent age.
  • Lifeisgood4
    Lifeisgood4 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The Beck Diet Solution. It approaches weight loss as cognitive behavior therapy and gives you very simple step-by-step daily goals to help put you on the right path to losing weight.
  • highwood1968
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Books by Louise Hay
    Also her blog http://www.healyourlife.com/tags/affirmations

Thanks for the link..I have bookmarked it.