Helpppppppp!!!!!

sharanda38
sharanda38 Posts: 1
edited 5:35AM in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I was referred to this site by a member and have just learned that I am(obese) diabetic. I need all the help and support I can get on foods, exercise, etc: :sad: thanks

Replies

• kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    I don't have diabetes and I don't know the first thing about helping with it, but I hope youre able to find lots of answers here! goodluck!
  • boobeey
    boobeey Posts: 78 Member
    Try Zumba dance it's really fun and really good cardio
  • Lizardo2188
    Lizardo2188 Posts: 1 Member
    I don't know anything about it either, but I am here to support you! That's what this is all about. Good luck to you!

L
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Have you discussed this with your doctor? Typically they recommend certain foods you should and shouldn't have. As for exercise it depends on your fitness level and overall health. The key is to find something you like and do it regularly. That could be walking daily, zumba, jogging, and a zillion other things. Everyone on MFP is doing things a little difference so you will always get several different opinions on any question. You have to figure out what works for you. Friending people and sharing diaries is a good way to do this. I would recommend you let the site set your calorie goals to start and just decide if you want a 1 or 2 pound a week weight loss. I also suggest you add sugars on your macro-nutrients so you can keep that in check. Sugar is in nearly everything and the site doesn't differentiate from natural and unnatural sugars. If you are diabetic you body won't either.

Welcome to MFP.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    I was diagnosed with high blood sugar about 2 months ago. (I refused to hear the word diabetic). I found this site, and diabetics who are working hard on trying to wein medicines and lower their blood sugar. Thanks to MFP and my friends, my bs readings are nearly normal 'not diabetic'. It's been a life saver. I also purchased the book "The Diabetes DTour" and that really helped. Friend me if you like. You are definately in the right place to work on things!!! Welcome!
  • LizaMena
    LizaMena Posts: 47 Member
    Try Zumba dance it's really fun and really good cardio
    I don't know much on diabetes either =( but I agree with Zumba! I have been doing Zumba on the WII for the past couple of months and I love it! I chose the wII because of my schedule, but I've heard lots about the classes! U should really try it. Healthy wishes to you!
  • ai965
    ai965 Posts: 118
    Well, especially if you have a health condition, planning your meals always works pretty well. Just use a few tools to plan your meals for the day, and try to stick to those plans every day. I don't always do it now, but it worked for me before!
    Try it!
  • beautybrainsbooty
    beautybrainsbooty Posts: 122 Member
    Hey girl! I have managed to lose 79 pounds here since January 2011. There is a wealth of useful information and knowledgeable members. You can do it!!! friend me if you like and best of luck. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.