20/F student looking for weightloss gym / fitbit buddy

Options
n23r
n23r Posts: 4 Member
Hi I'm starting my journey today and I'm hoping for an active circle of friends who can all motivate each other to get closer to our goals. I don't know how to go about this, what diets to try or how much gym to do. I'm open to any ideas. I used to have a personal trainer at the gym and go very often and do weights and sweat lots but I didn't see any results after 5 months. What can I do myself, PTs are very expensive, to get back to my goal weight hopefully for September I would like to look nice for the start of the year. I will be a third year university student who gained weight in her first year at university. Too many takeaways

Replies

• pbickhaus
    pbickhaus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in a very similar situation to you. I got into horrible habits in college and now that I'm almost graduated I'm horrified at how unhealthy I am! I'm getting back into shape and watching what I eat so I can get back to my goal weight by September and just start feeling healthy and strong again!
  • hweinsteinn
    hweinsteinn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also in a similar situation. I should be going into my senior year of college but unfortunately I let myself fall behind. College also put more than a few pounds on me. I also learned that taking ampetamines from others around campus does NOT help keep the weight off. I'm trying to get back into a workout schedule but haven't found the right route for myself or the right support group.
  • SoleilxStitch
    SoleilxStitch Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm going into my third year and I have found it incredibly difficult to manage my weight during term time, so I'm definitely with you.
  • spiveaa
    spiveaa Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I cant tell you what will work for you, you will have to go out and figure that on your own. For me, I tried all the diets, all the "new " fads, and none seem to work. First off what is your overall goal? Loose weight, gain muscles, tone up, etc..
    For me, I eat 6 meals a day, smaller portions watching my intake on certain foods. mainly keeping my proteins up and sugars down. I workout 6 days a week, and do some type of cardio everyday. Twice a week I do HIT cardio other day it is just walking 3miles. Started back 3 weeks ago, and down 12 pounds.
    My first step was trying to figure out what I wanted, did not set my goals to high, but did set them up where I could reach them, once I reached them I set more goals to continue. I look at food, and I never say " I can't have that" I tell myself "I don't want that". You can eat anything you want and loose weight, just have to take in the right amounts.
    DONT GIVE UP! Worst mistake I did before, I did not see results, got depressed and gain more, shame on me! There is a saying take 4 weeks for you to notice, 8 weeks for your friends to notice and 12 weeks for the world to notice. Set yourself up for a 3 months and go for it.
    Here if you ever need someone to talk with, I still have my struggles daily and always nice to work with someone.
  • teapot74
    teapot74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same here sucks don't it :(
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    College is what killed me. Heading into College I was a fairly active athlete. 4 years or partying took its tool and now 12 years latter I'm just trying to get back on track. Good luck, its a hard road but don't give up.