Recalculate calorie requirements

Options
Hi all,
I've lost 30lbs - yay! ☺️ - but still have about 10lb to go. I keep reading about recalculating my calorie needs on MFP but surely it does that automatically if u are logging ur weight?
I entered 2lbs a week weight loss goal and have had a 1200 daily calorie goal since I started in January. I have now stopped losing. How do I recalculate calories?
Thanks

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It won't go lower than 1200.
  • kelseyframe91
    kelseyframe91 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    First of all a huge well done! Losing all that weight since January is impressive. It depends how much you weigh as you might still need the 1200 kcal to lose your last 10lbs. But if you feel you can up your kcal intake by just 200/300 for a couple of weeks, see how it goes. I know work can get in the way sometimes but if you can put a bit more excersise into your day, you should see results. I'm not sure about MFP changing the kcal intake automatically as you lose weight, I haven't came to that bridge yet lol. Good luck and keep going :)
  • TylerMJ76
    TylerMJ76 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You could probably eat more...1300-1500 and still lose...
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    When you're closer to goal, as you now are (well done btw :smile: ) then its best not to have too agressive a deficit. 0.5-1lb per week is ideal at this point and it'll help you transition into maintenance easier imo. change your settings to lose at a slower rate and enjoy those extra calories whilst still losing.

Keep up the great work :smile:
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    When you're closer to goal, as you now are (well done btw :smile: ) then its best not to have too agressive a deficit. 0.5-1lb per week is ideal at this point and it'll help you transition into maintenance easier imo. change your settings to lose at a slower rate and enjoy those extra calories whilst still losing.

Keep up the great work :smile:

Well said. It does help with slowly transitioning into maintenance so the body won't gain weight back as quickly. Keeping it off is just as important as losing.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I am 10 pounds away from goal. Originally I put in that I wanted to lose 1 pound a week. MFP calculated 1250 calories a day to do that. I found that it was too difficult for me. I went in and recalculated at weight loss of 0.5 pounds a week and MFP came up with 1500 calories a day. That little bit extra made it less miserable for me and I'm not constantly hungry all the time. I had bad cravings at 1250 calories/day.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Almost same loss as you and I recalculated to lose .5lb per week for the last 15 lbs. Currently eating at a 1450 calories a day goal.