Is a Fitbit worth it?

Options
p_butk
p_butk Posts: 7 Member
I'm thinking of getting a Fitbit but I don't know if it's worth it. I'm thinking of getting either Zip or One since I don't need anything past what they offer.
So, is it worth it?

Replies

• DCM14
    DCM14 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use Microsoft band, its great I pair it up with Microsoft health app on my phone. Tracks steps,heart rate,distance,sleep,calories etc. I hear fitbit is also good
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    A thousand million times worth it! I'd be so lost without my fitbit.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

@Christine_72
    Which one do you have Christine and what tricks does yours do? ;) Currently I have a HRM (w/chest strap) that I can use in water when I swim but could be pursued if I hear enough good things about FB... Spill it Girl! :D
  • Christine_72
    Options

@Christine_72
    Which one do you have Christine and what tricks does yours do? ;) Currently I have a HRM (w/chest strap) that I can use in water when I swim but could be pursued if I hear enough good things about FB... Spill it Girl! :D

:lol:

I started off with the zip, had that for 14mths. It's the most basic model, just counts steps and calories burned.

I recently upgraded to the Alta. It doesn't have a HR monitor, which i don't need anyway.
    It tracks:

Steps
    calories burned
    sleep
    It has automatic exercise recognition, so no need to press any buttons when you start exercising.
    It also has activity reminders, and will vibrate if you haven't done at least 250 steps in the last hour.
    I only have to charge it once a week for around 15 minutes.
    And last but not least, it's preeetty :tongue: I have the plum colour.

So far, i love it!

• Christine_72
    Options
    Oh, and it is also a watch.
  • free2014
    free2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit charge HR, I like it but its kind of hot to wear in this summer heat (which is only going to get worse). Its wider than the Alta and some others and the band makes my wrist sweat. So far its nice when paired with MF Pal, it gives me more motivation to move and to see how much your heart rate improves over time etc.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

@Christine_72

:lol:

I started off with the zip, had that for 14mths. It's the most basic model, just counts steps and calories burned.

I recently upgraded to the Alta. It doesn't have a HR monitor, which i don't need anyway.
    It tracks:

Steps
    calories burned
    sleep
    It has automatic exercise recognition, so no need to press any buttons when you start exercising.
    It also has activity reminders, and will vibrate if you haven't done at least 250 steps in the last hour.
    I only have to charge it once a week for around 15 minutes.
    And last but not least, it's preeetty :tongue: I have the plum colour.

So far, i love it!

Hmm... sounds purty! I love the sounds of all the whistles and bells! Well I don't pay much attention to the HR as much as I do the cals burned. Sounds like a Fitbit Alta might fit my current needs far more than HRM that's been sitting over there on the shelf collecting dust. :laugh:

Thanks for the feedback my Friend! :wink:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpZyuY12BQTHXGUbPpqWHvNwhFLEIf9-E2QdroyWmjHAor2yJk

Ohhh look at all the purty colors!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    It's so much nicer looking than the other models. Not big and clunky looking. Feminine and pretty imo
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I've had the One for almost 2 yrs. It's Def worth it to me because it helps keep me moving. Whether it's worth it to you would depend on your goals & finances.
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it! You can buy a second hand one if you are worried you will spend a bunch of money and never use it. That's what I did with my first one, I've upgraded twice since then and I have really enjoyed having it.
  • fitnessjustin01
    fitnessjustin01 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think it is. Anything that can get you focused on your goal is well worth it!
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options

@Christine_72, does it show the exact number of steps you've completed? I have the flex now and it just shows percentages.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    moe0303 wrote: »

@Christine_72, does it show the exact number of steps you've completed? I have the flex now and it just shows percentages.

Yes it does. If you have the screen set to vertical it will show you 500 step increments, it's hard to explain.. Say you've done 2350 steps, it will show 2000, 2580 steps and it will say 2500. However if you set the screen to horizontal, it will show the exact number of steps. Vertical is easier to read without contorting your arm lol
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I recently upgraded from the Charge HR to the Blaze and I love it. The HR function for me is essential so I can see the tailored calorie burn (i know it isn't 100% accurate, but it is better than MFP's guesstimate).

It doesn't feel large or clunky on ny wrist and I think it looks quite snazzy. Then again I am loving all the different pieces of data it gives me and that I don't have to go into the app much anymore compared to when I had the Charge HR.
  • opalquartz
    opalquartz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've had a One since 2014 and I love it. I like the clip design so I can wear it discreetly in different spots (bra, belt, pocket).

When I use it consistently, it's so helpful to keep me active, plus I just really like knowing all my activity data. It tracks steps, flight of stairs, distance, active minutes, and calories burned. It also has a sleep tracking function which I don't use.

One thing I've been enjoying lately is doing challenges (a built-in feature on the app) with my friends who also have fitbits to who can get the most steps in a day/weekend/work week. A little competition keeps up the motivation :)
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Its ok motivates you to do more
  • bubble_wrap0428
    bubble_wrap0428 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I like it! I have the Charge HR and I like it the most for the heart rate monitor!! I like to see how hard I'm really pushing it through that. The steps are nice but sometimes high intensity workouts don't involve a lot of steps. It's been very useful for me on my running journey! I also log my food on the Fitbit app.