Dance Dance Revolution

Options
I have always wanted to buy Dance Dance Revolution. It is available on WII, PS2&3 and X-box, etc. It is a mat that you stand on and follow the moves on the screen and dance to the beat. It has a workout section that sets up a workout and shows you how many calories you burned when you are done. I really like it alot and I hate working out, so this is fun for me!!! I am very glad I bought it instead of a treadmill. It is so much more fun!! :happy:

Replies

• JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to buy Dance Dance Revolution. It is available on WII, PS2&3 and X-box, etc. It is a mat that you stand on and follow the moves on the screen and dance to the beat. It has a workout section that sets up a workout and shows you how many calories you burned when you are done. I really like it alot and I hate working out, so this is fun for me!!! I am very glad I bought it instead of a treadmill. It is so much more fun!! :happy:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Yay! A fellow DDR junkie! I watch those little 5 year old Japanese kids sometimes for modivation. :tongue:

It is SO much more fun than the treadmill, or any other aerobic workout I can think of. Unfortunately, I only have access at a friends house, but DH has promised me an X-Box for my birthday in April. :devil:
  • kalla
    kalla Posts: 11
    Options
    I love it! It is SO addictive too.

I often find myself dancing for over three hours regardless of my legs screaming for mercy. Just one more song! I usually use it at least three times a week, even more when my working schedule allows it.

By far the most effective way to make me sweat that I've come across this far, simply because it's so much FUN :D
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    DDR junkie here too. You get such a good workout without even knowing it!
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yea, lots of school systems, particularly those in West Virginia, have used it as an alternative to PE classes for kids in school. It's very fun.
  • weissjoel82
    weissjoel82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I want to buy it for my fiancé, but they don't make it for the PS3, I think I'll buy a WII just for that reason. I've also heard good things about the WII fit.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I bought it and tried it once. My boyfriend kept telling me what to do and when I got confused or frustrated he got frustrated with me and... I haven't touched it since. :grumble: :cry:
  • kalla
    kalla Posts: 11
    Options
    I bought it and tried it once. My boyfriend kept telling me what to do and when I got confused or frustrated he got frustrated with me and... I haven't touched it since. :grumble: :cry:
    Practice in secret when your boyfriend isn't around :wink: I was very nervous of playing in front of people at first, but after +10 hours of practise on the easiest level you start to get a hang of how to read the arrows without even thinking about it, and after that the progress is really fast!

I'm even a bit of a show off nowadays, especially around people who used to laugh at my fumbling attempts :laugh:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    :smile: Its difficult because he lives w/ me and we are home at the same times. I'll just have to get up earlier on the weekends and instead of doing my usual routine that I know; I'll practice that until he gets up and then do my usual routine! I need to increase my exercise anyway. :wink:

THANKS!:heart: