Training for my first 5k, overweight!

Options
A week into my training for a 5k in September in my area and feeling fairly good. I want this motivation to continue! This week I also got my monthly visitor which always brings along extra water weight and discouragement. Putting off weighing myself for a few more days because of the water. Anyone else beginning training for a specific goal like a 5k?

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I just ran my first 5k last Saturday. It was a rush! I loved it so much that I have now decided to train for a half-marathon in September. You can do this. Just take it one day at a time. :smile:
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I finished c25k about a month ago. My pace is still slow, so I don't make 5k yet even in 30-40 min run. I've walked several 5ks & 10ks already, but I plan to run my first 5k in Aug. This was my very first 5k event 2 yrs ago, I walked, and came in last. So I'm Def looking forward to running the whoIe thing this year !
  • abenson866
    abenson866 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started walking to help loose weight about 3 months ago, yesterday I ran, when I say ran I mean jogged slowly lol, for 3 miles straight. Have never been able to do that before, I have no idea what took over me! I guess the time was right or something....
    I wish you all luck in your training and goals! You got this!
  • charliepertell
    charliepertell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi as long as your putting one foot in front of the other your winning girl.thats how I started out now run 10k nearly everyday (I currently have OTS ) which is getting me down though.so to you all your doing it and doing well.everyday you do is a day less on the couch.good luck and keep going
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    A week into my training for a 5k in September in my area and feeling fairly good. I want this motivation to continue! This week I also got my monthly visitor which always brings along extra water weight and discouragement. Putting off weighing myself for a few more days because of the water. Anyone else beginning training for a specific goal like a 5k?

I start my training Wednesday :smiley:
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Along this journey I did a 5K to celebrate my weight getting below 240. I'll do another when my weight gets below 220. These last couple of days sodium excess have put that plan in reverse, but I'll be ok.