Starting Today

Options
Hi All

Started myfitnesspal today and looking for any tips anyone has on food, exercise etc or anything that helps & a dose of motivation please

Replies

• tcherrington1968
    tcherrington1968 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am starting today! Hoping the motivation lasts!
  • claireforde14
    claireforde14 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Best of luck, reading the success stories is motivating me !
  • jdvich
    jdvich Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also just started today. Been participating in a diet mobile weight loss study since Feb. Finally decided to really go mobile. Ha!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    Tip 1: Change your weight loss goal to 0.5 lb per week.
    Reason for that: Easier.
    Tip 2: Enjoy this journey.
    Reason for that: So you can stay on it and continue to maintain after reaching your goal.
  • jijiking2016
    jijiking2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, i started today also. I need motivation!
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options
    Also, you must be honest and accurate with your food diary. All is for naught if you can't tell the truth to Diary. For this, you must acquire and use a digital food scale and weigh all your food. Maybe not spices, but certainly oils, meats, fats, veg, bread, grains, legumes, calorific drinks and such.
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options
    Don't get carried away enthusiastically eating all the exercise calories that mfp says you can. Exercise calorie burn is notoriously inaccurate.
  • claireforde14
    Options
    Thanks Jerome I have it set to 2lbs for week that's 1200 calories a day need to be very clever with food choices, hoping to not use the exercise calories so I can loose it quicker.!
  • claireforde14
    Options
    Good luck everyone, all in this together :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    Options
    Claire, you should not experience hunger doing this. Vegetables in variety are your friend. Just Saturday for the first time I purchased a "jicama", also called "yam bean". It's a big ugly root. Anyway, it's easy to slice, peel, and eat raw. It tastes sweet, but has low sugar. It's crunchy like a water chestnut. It's an excellent source of fiber. I'm just getting started with recipe experimenting, but I already found that in case of hunger a little bit of jicama tastes sweet and immediately satisfies the empty tummy
  • claireforde14
    Options
    Ah thanks for that I'll add that to my list :)
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jerome I have it set to 2lbs for week that's 1200 calories a day need to be very clever with food choices, hoping to not use the exercise calories so I can loose it quicker.!
    Your goal should not be to "lose weight", but to change your habits and ways of thinking that will lead to weight loss.
    Setting your goal too aggressively and you risk "burning yourself out" and being frustrated. Set smaller goals to make the transition from your current life style easier.
  • claireforde14
    Options
    Thanks a mill good advise