How long until this starts to work?

Options
ajc1309
ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
I've been eating around 1300 calories a day, using a fitbit and occasionally exercising for nearly 2 weeks. I lost 0.6lb last week but now I'm back to where I was before. I know weight loss isn't linear etc. What's the max amount of time I should give this plan before I see proper results? I'm 26, 142lbs, 5'3" and wanting to get to 126lbs.

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    You haven't much to lose so around 0.5lb-1lb a week is perfect. You need to give this 'plan' the time it needs until you get to goal, isn't that the point? :smile:
    Weight fluctuates a lot. Most people find it takes around 1 month to start seeing results.
    Keep up the good work, the weight will come off, it just takes time.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I'd go with 6 weeks.

Make sure you're weighing everything on a digital food scale and checking your entries for accuracy against other food databases. Watch your sodium, too, since if you're eating "diet" food it may be loaded with it.
  • ajc1309
    ajc1309 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

I weigh everything I consume too.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Honestly, let's say you lose 2-3 lbs overall in that 6 weeks. That would be success. So try to keep that in mind.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    The rest of your life. Just sayin. :)
  • adoette
    adoette Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Weightloss tends to come in spurts, with plateaus and wooshes.

For whatever reason, my weight tends to creep up a little before the woosh. My SV a week ago was dropping to 165. Then I went back up to 167-168. This morning I weighed at 163.something. Maybe you are the same and you'll see a nice woosh in a week or so.

Just track all the things and be honest with yourself about them. You'll start to notice patterns that happen for your body.

And give it at least a full 6 weeks before changing things. Unless you gained your unwanted weight in 3 weeks you can't expect to make a big dent in it in that time frame.
  • davidmcinally90
    davidmcinally90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Every "loss" is a step in the right direction. No matter how small.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the longer it takes to lose. The other posters are right. Just make sure you're tight on logging and keep with it. You'll start to see results if you are eating at a deficit.