Will I lose my butt & boobs?

Options
Idk if that is too "personal" for mfp but if it is please tell me so I can take it down.

So the question is, if I lose 20 pounds do you think I will lose the fat from my butt & boobs? Because I feel as if that is one of the negative things when it comes from losing weight and I'm not sure if it's true. Pls help! What's your opinion??

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Probably.
  • kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The short answer is yes; you will most likely lose fat from your butt and boobs, and while there is nothing you can really do about losing your boobs aside from cosmetic surgery, you can do some heavy weight training for your glutes to help minimize the loss of volume.
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've lost 19kg (just over 40lbs) and went down from 40D to 38D and have just now gone down again to 38C. You will probably lose weight in both areas, but everybody's different.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    It's likely you'll lose weight all over, including bum and boobs.

What your proportions exactly will be is anyone's guess, but I doubt 20lbs is going to result in a total overhaul in body shape. If you have big boobs and a big bum now, they're probably not going to totally disappear.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    From my experience 20 pounds won't reduce those areas. Its only when the lower bmi range is reached that the gluts and bra sizes start going down. Be happy. B)
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I lost close to 25 lbs and lost my boobs. I didn't have much of a butt to begin with haha...as mentioned before, everybody's different and you can't dictate where you lose it.
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've only.lost close to 18 so far and lost my blobs and that is about it. But that doesn't go for everyone.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 100 and I haven't lost my boobs at all. I never had a butt to start so I can't say.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My boobs were practically first to go ; (. My butt too, of course but I'm not missing it that much, the rest of it still looks good. I lost about 42 lbs so far.
  • honeyseymour123
    honeyseymour123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your answers
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I went from 240 to my current 165 and sadly enough, my butt is still present in all it's fat glory. It's smaller than it once was, but not flat by any means. Everyone tells me to "embrace the curves". That is one curve I will never embrace lol. Gotta love genetics :D My boobs however were one of the first places I lost weight.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I wish, oh how I wish, my boobs would start shrinking! And now that I've lost weight everywhere else, these ridiculous DDD's just look really stupid. :(
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    We lose from all over, it's out of our control but what usually happens is we stay a similar shape only smaller.
    My boobs were 38d and went down to 32dd - they are still full but more in keeping with my smaller body.
    Same with the backside, still curvy just smaller.

Resistance training really helps the booty keep its nice shape.
  • emmadonaldson95
    emmadonaldson95 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 17lb and lost quite a lot of bum :/ think ive mostly retained the boobs. Im in maintenance now so im going to up the protein and get squatting to get the bum back and make sure it's muscle not fat
  • WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This depends on you and your body composition. Some people are built with larger busts and behinds, even at a proper BMI. I've personally lost 85lbs and I still have a large bust, which I've had since I was 12. The way (area and proportions) your body stores fat is genetic and losing weight won't change that.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I have gone from a 38DD to a 36C now that I am 45 lbs down. I do not think I will go much smaller as I was always a C cup before I gained my weight.
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You don't have to lose your butt; what gives it shape is your gluteus muscles, more than fat...so if you do squats, lunges, and deadlifts, you can get an awesome butt.

How much breast size you lose depends partly on your body type, i.e. pear vs. apple, etc.

I lost weight all over, including my chest, but when you lose 8" in your waist and 9" in your hips, losing a bra size as well really doesn't leave you feeling flat-chested. :smile: If anything, I like my proportions better, now.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    your butt, probably. as for your boobs it depends. some women have boobs that are mostly fat and they'll change a lot with weight gain or loss. other women have boobs that are mostly breast tissue, little fat, and they won't change much with weight gain or loss.