Fitness trackers that aren't work on your wrist

Options
2»

Replies

• itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i still love my fitbit one, and i wear it with a pedometer leash, which has saved it from loss several times.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You can get the MOOV NOW activity tracker. It can be worn on your wrist or ankle. It doesn't have a face so youd have to interact with it via phone. Thats the only negative about it.
  • bravesoul2
    bravesoul2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have fitbit flex that came with sm and lg band. I wear the lg band around my ankle to get more accurate steps. My socks keep it in place.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The Fitbit One clips inside your bra or pocket. I love mine and find it pretty accurate for my TDEE :smile:
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    LOVE the Fitbit One! Been wearing mine for 2 years, and DH a year... I wear mine clipped on my bra, DH clips his in the watch pocket on his jeans. I have found it to be very accurate, sometimes DH and I have gone on a 3-4 mile hike/walk and they are within 200 steps of each other. I consistently lose/maintain with mine linked to MFP, I set MFP to sedentary and let myself earn the more I move.

I originally chose the One for similar reasons, I did not want to wear a tracker on my wrist all the time. I now prefer this style to the extent that I would buy the One again should something happen to this one, it does everything I need it to do.
  • JohnRybock
    JohnRybock Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    alyssa0061 wrote: »
    Mine measured my heart rate just fine on my ankle. It wasn't any different than wearing it on my wrist

Really? I didnt think it could pick up a pulse on your ankle.

The way the new heart-rate monitors on these items is to watch for a very faint change in the pigmentation of the skin when the heart beats and blood flow briefly increases (and why people who wear them over tattoos have issues). Should be able to read over any bare skin body part.
  • Jenpiddles
    Jenpiddles Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the Fitbit One. I clip it right in the middle of my bra between the cups. I've found it counts more accurately than ones worn on the ankle and wrist.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One. I love it because I can clip it to my bra (or pants pocket) I usually clip in on my bra. It doesn't have a heart rate monitor, but it works for me.