Day 5 and No Results :(

Options
Hey guys so I'm trying to lose 10 lbs (5kg) and I'm 145 lbs (66kg) and 5 ft 8 (173cm). This is the only weight I've ever tried/had/wanted to lose and I've been trying all year with no results (using My Fitness Pal). So I've embarked on a diet called Losing Those Last 5kg by Michelle Bridges and basically you're allowed 1200 cal a day (with one day no carbs and fruit) and excercise 6 days a week. So I've been going pretty hard with the excercise because I'm going on holidays next week so work extra hard this week. I'm talking 50km bike rides, 1 hour cardio and 1 hour weights a day (my body is used to this kind of excercise) but its day 5 and I haven't lost any weight or reduced my waist measuremeant!! :( So my motivation is wavering, which will make next week especially tough when I'll have to eat less seem I can't excercise!

Replies

• misty_opal
    misty_opal Posts: 17
    Options
    Oh basically I'm wondering am I suddnely going to lose like a kilo one day soon or am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with me and this is why I just can't lose weight! :/ Sooooooo annoying I'm sick of it and I'm trying so hard!
  • MuchMovement
    MuchMovement Posts: 100
    Options
    Muscle is more dense than fat. You may be putting on muscle weight..... It's likely that your changing your body fat percentage instead of the weight of the mass of your body. Either way, it's a good thing! Focus on the activities instead of getting hung up on a number weight!
  • misty_opal
    Options
    Heya thanks! If I'm putting on muscle weight though shouldn't I also be loosing body fat, but my waist is still the same which means I'm not losing that last bit of tummy fat which is what I really want to go. Anyone got tips for losing that last bit of belly fat?
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Remember, consistency is key. It's only been 5 days so just keep on keepin' on with your goal in mind! You'll get there.
  • NickAmrine
    NickAmrine Posts: 34
    Options
    WOW, that much exercise with that little amount of calories in your diet could be very unhealthy!
  • misty_opal
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys! Yeah I usually eat a bit more then you're meant to depending on the intensity of excercise I do that day :)