When did you notice a difference?

Options
dorisj717
dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
When did you notice a difference? I look in the mirror and after losing 43lbs. I still look fat. I pass a mirror, or see a picture and I don't see a difference. So I made a side by side comparison, now I can see it but still not happy. How much weight did you lose before you thought "wow" I look thin/smaller? Please forgive the bat arms I'm a work in progress. 1a18cm6ew5bh.jpeg

Replies

• MrsWilson1017
    MrsWilson1017 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started seeing a difference in my stomach about a month into dedicating to a healthier life style. It was last week I noticed my clothing size drop about two sizes. I'm not big on progression pictures. I took one a few weeks ago, but I don't plan on taking another until the end of summer. You look great by the way!
  • cjefferson0885
    cjefferson0885 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    :)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I still don't really see a difference at 19 pounds except in my face, but my clothes are getting loose. We are our own worst critics.

You have a difference. If you can't see it put on your glasses and look at those two pictures. You are doing great - keep it up.
  • dorisj717
    Options
    Thank you all, it's my new lifestyle and I have to remember that slow and steady is best.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I can see that you are much smaller and you are doing great. However, I just took my second comparison pictures and feel the same way you do. Maybe we are hard on ourselves because we are not at goal and looking how we imagined. Bottom line.. you hard work shows.. you look like you've lost a lot.
  • andywright625
    andywright625 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was at goal and still didn't realise i had lost weight still saw my self as fat even though I wore size 6 jeans now regained the weight and been kicking myself for it looking at the photos I now realise !!! Went back to old eating habits now restarting the whole journey again but this time I will maintain loosing the weight was easiest part you can definantly see it in your photos
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I noticed a difference at about a month in and 20+lbs down. But even now as I get closer to goal I'll have days where I look at myself and see someone who is still 213lbs. It can be a tough one, photo comparisons are the best!

You look fantastic, be proud!
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm down 20 pounds and although I can't really see much of a difference just looking in the mirror, there is a definite difference when I compare side by side pictures.
  • Andrea49120
    Andrea49120 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I noticed after 28days and my side by side pic
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! I'm also down about 43 pounds and I totally get it! I can see progress in pictures but I still feel the same, and since I've still got almost 60 pounds to go I still feel fat. Just takes patience I guess lol
  • dorisj717
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing. Can everyone share some comparison pictures please.
  • nwd1976
    nwd1976 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Have lost 36lbs in 2 months and still got lots to go. Although today i feel fat. But my real notice the difference is when I fitted into a jacket I haven't been able to wear for a few years.☺
  • huntersmom2016
    huntersmom2016 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 lbs so far. Started at 220 and now I'm about 190. When I do side by side I can see a difference and there are moments when I totally tell. Like for instance, I can now shop the regular size dept instead of plus size. Then there are times I just look in the mirror and think... I just don't see it! I'm still fat! I'm not finished yet even though I'm stuck at 190 and can't seem to lose any more. I'm not giving up and you shouldn't either! You have made great progress and should be proud of what you have lost so far! Our minds/perception are always the last to catch up to what is really going on.
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well done on your loss. Yes you can definitely see the difference! Good job!

I am nearly 30lbs down and honestly I don't feel like there is a difference but my clothes are saying otherwise. My rain jacket was so tight before, I could barely breathe in it, so would leave it open and get wet (which kinda defeats the object!) but now it zips up easily and over a few layers as well, and my jeans are falling down haha. I'm not making it widely known that I'm on this journey, my friends know I've given up eating sugar but not specifically for weight loss, and none of them have said anything, which whilst I slightly wish they had noticed, I'm glad because I know when they will notice it will be because it's obvious and they're not just trying to be nice.
    There's nothing more demotivating than when you've had a bad few weeks, gained 10lbs and a friend says "oh I see you lost more weight, wow, you look great!" My face is like
  • dorisj717
    Options
    I've lost 30 lbs so far. Started at 220 and now I'm about 190. When I do side by side I can see a difference and there are moments when I totally tell. Like for instance, I can now shop the regular size dept instead of plus size. Then there are times I just look in the mirror and think... I just don't see it! I'm still fat! I'm not finished yet even though I'm stuck at 190 and can't seem to lose any more. I'm not giving up and you shouldn't either! You have made great progress and should be proud of what you have lost so far! Our minds/perception are always the last to catch up to what is really going on.

Thanks for the words of encouragement you are correct, we cannot give up.
  • kellyw0624
    kellyw0624 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think you have made a huge step in the right direction - and it's very easy to see. You look wonderful. Keep up the good work!
  • dorisj717
    Options
    Well done on your loss. Yes you can definitely see the difference! Good job!

I am nearly 30lbs down and honestly I don't feel like there is a difference but my clothes are saying otherwise. My rain jacket was so tight before, I could barely breathe in it, so would leave it open and get wet (which kinda defeats the object!) but now it zips up easily and over a few layers as well, and my jeans are falling down haha. I'm not making it widely known that I'm on this journey, my friends know I've given up eating sugar but not specifically for weight loss, and none of them have said anything, which whilst I slightly wish they had noticed, I'm glad because I know when they will notice it will be because it's obvious and they're not just trying to be nice.
    There's nothing more demotivating than when you've had a bad few weeks, gained 10lbs and a friend says "oh I see you lost more weight, wow, you look great!" My face is like

Luckily you don't need their opinions. You've lost 30 pounds you should be so proud of yourself. Sometimes it is best to keep it to yourself especially if you don't have the best support system or you have people waiting for you to fail. Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!