Keep going over my calorie goal.

Options
Think I need to raise the goal. Then I can stay under!

Replies

• thegaragegirl01
    thegaragegirl01 Posts: 48 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    How far do you go over by, and what is your goal? How drastically are you trying to lower your intake? Are you going over because you are hungry, or are you going over because you're eating too many foods with higher calorie content?
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    What is your goal? How long have you been doing this?

Just look back through your daily list of foods and see which ones contributed the highest number of calories, so you can cut back on those. Also the system increases your calorie allowance if you include exercise in your daily routine, so if you can't eat less, try exercising more.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Curious. Why can I see a photo on your page but it's not on your message? Other than that I'm going to take a wild guess that mfp recommends you consume 2800 calories and you're having trouble stopping at that number because you haven't changed any of your eating habits. Don't worry about that yet. Just log your food accurately for a week. Weigh yourself daily. After the week is complete, study your food diary to see if there are any obvious things you're sure you can change, then change one of them. Keep logging all your food and weighing yourself every day. Study your food diary again for the second week, and see if there is any obvious thing you're sure you can change, then change one of them. Rinse and repeat. Go through this Log, Weigh, Study, Change cycle a few weeks in a row and you'll be losing weight and happy about it.
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    As the others implied, it's hard to make any suggestions when we don't know how many pounds a week you've told MFP you want to lose, and what it's suggested as your daily goal.

For whatever it may be worth, I started losing weight without using a daily calorie goal. My doctor told me to swap white carbs for whole wheat.

Now, doing that also meant I had to stop snacking on candy, chips and cake. I'd been doing a lot of that. But it didn't feel like dieting, for some reason.

If you want to "friend" me, and are interested in suggestions, I could look at your diaries.