I miss eating like garbage / Rant

And mostly I miss not feeling so guilty when I do. I hate that losing weight is 80 diet 20 exercise. I want to eat a bag of bbq chips for dinner and just run and be okay. I'm trying to only have one or two of the serving size but it's just really dissatisfying. I used to love baking but there is no way to get a recipe that are 5 reasonably sized (as in a diameter larger than a quarter!!) cookies per serving for 100 - 200 calories. A lot of this thought process comes to mind when there's nothing to eat at home and I just want something easy and that always comes in the form of chips or something you open and pop into the microwave / oven. Like the only reason I'm typing this up is cause I feel like I've eaten too soon to eat again and I need to waste time and distract myself.
I'm also getting stressed because there are so many food orientated events for the summer and I try to be good and it dissolves into f it I'm just gonna have a good time. But then I feel so terrible when I go over my allotted calorie amount and I get frustrated because it'll just be that much longer before I lose substantial weight.
A bit of a saving grace I have tho is that I'll be starting school in the fall that has a gym on campus so I'll be able to do more exercise. (I'm terrible at home, I really need the gym environment to work out)

Replies

• gendiamond
    gendiamond Posts: 4 Member
    Yes to literally everything I FEEL your pain on another level!!! Like why can't I just eat this giant bag of chips and fee zero guilt again! Add me if you like!
  • gsbaf08
    gsbaf08 Posts: 2 Member
    Definitely feeling this way today!
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    I think everyone feels that way every now and then :( Try to distract yourself and not think about it that much ! I believe moderation is key and you shouldnt deprive yourself off anything or restrict yourself ! Just go to the events and eat ! All you gotta do is reduce your calories 2 days before the event and save some extra calories for the event :) At least thats what I do.. Its a lifestyle not a diet so if you are craving a bag of chips , have it because in the long run , it will not make a difference :)
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    I'm feeling you today. I've had gastric bypass surgery...so there are serious consequences if I were to go on a food bender! I love that it has helped me control my appetite over the last year, lose 135 pounds, and made me a runner...but I make a delicious, fudgy Kahlua brownie with brown butter icing that is amazing and I'll probably never have one again!
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    I miss it too! up until I got on Seroquel I could eat whatever I wanted, as much as I wanted, and not gain a pound and I miss it so *kitten* much. really hope my metabolism corrects itself since I'm going off it.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    omg yes I go through days when I'm like " GIMME ALL THE CHIPS I don't care if I get flabby " but I manage to talk myself out of it. I just try to picture myself getting stronger and toned .
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    :( I want to eat an entire box of mac n cheese, with cut up hotdogs in it. Those were the days.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I cut a 107 g hunk of jicama into strips. Placed them in a cake pan. Placed 12 mg total pats of butter on the strips of jicama. Sprinkled cinnamon generously over all. Baked at 375 for 15 minutes. 123 calories. Less, because some of the butter remained in the pan. It's a frickin health pastry!
  • ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Search no bake energy bites. Made myself some and added protein powder to the mix. A nice rich treat at 149 calories.

Recipe was in a blog here I believe.