Slow losing

Options
ekim2016
ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
14th day @ 1760..weighing foot counting right...only lost 6 pounds...started 269..5'10..65 dude..263 now..?? What wrong?

Replies

• ekim2016
    Options
    Food not foot!!
  • ekim2016
    Options
    So I'm on track then..as I set for 1.5 per week but no loss past few days so wondered..thx
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Three pounds a week is a great loss! There's nothing wrong, just keep at it!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Your expectations are what is wrong.

3 lbs a week is above what can be reasonably expected.

Yea, what she said.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Slow losing is the right way to do it anyway. 6 pounds lost in 14 days is fast, too fast. It will slow down soon, to something closer to 1 or 2 lb per week. Don't panic. Stay with the plan. Your weight will decline on those calories. Just be sure you stay tight with the measuring and logging.
  • taosnm2u
    taosnm2u Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 65 . . . . and in 6 weeks . . . .I've lost 7.5# . . . I'm good with it. Slow and steady is the right way to do it. Even though I'm at the gym or gardening 6 days a week. I know for me it is the right path. Just keep it up. Nothing is wrong. Don't forget to drink plenty of water. Because I'm insulin resistant I am trying to limit sugars and things like potatoes and bread . . . and trying to eat most things that don't have a bar code . . . :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    ekim2016 wrote: »
    So I'm on track then..as I set for 1.5 per week but no loss past few days so wondered..thx

Please take a look at this thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear
  • llwolford
    llwolford Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Do not weight yourself every day! Weigh in once a week. You are doing great!! Six pounds in 2 weeks is outstanding. Also, know that the first week is always your largest loss. If you steadily lose a pound or 2 week you are doing it the healthy way. Great job. Do not fixate on the scale. You will see the most changes in the way your clothing fits and inches loss.
  • ekim2016
    Options
    Thank you all for the support!! I can do this!!
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    llwolford wrote: »
    Do not weight yourself every day! Weigh in once a week. You are doing great!! Six pounds in 2 weeks is outstanding. Also, know that the first week is always your largest loss. If you steadily lose a pound or 2 week you are doing it the healthy way. Great job. Do not fixate on the scale. You will see the most changes in the way your clothing fits and inches loss.

I agree with this, but I might actually suggest weighing daily. I used to drive myself crazy weighing once a week and losing steam if the number didn't read what I thought it should. Weighing daily - hell, sometimes a few times a day - shows me how much my weight can fluctuate (seriously, I was 194 this morning and 190.5 this evening before dinner), and to not put too much stock into numbers. Ultimately, it depends on what your needs and attitudes would find most beneficial.

I might encourage you to use a site like TrendWeight. Someone else recently suggested it and it's truly encouraging because it shows overall trends in weight loss.

Also, you've only been at this two weeks, dude. Give yourself time. Many people lose a bunch of weight the first week or so, often due to water - I lose eight pounds the first week! Slow, sustainable weight loss is the goal. :smile:
  • koreangurl
    koreangurl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Have patience! Your progress is normal
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Most people lose a higher amount in the first few weeks due to water and glycogen depletion. After this the weight loss will slow down. As many people have already said, weight loss is not linear but don't worry. Stick to your targets and the science will work.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    6lbs in 2 weeks is fantastic. Keep up the great work.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Some insane 20lbs in 10 days loss ideas come from all these fad diet advertisements. The true pace our bodies can handle weight loss is quite different. Anywhere from <0.5lbs to 2lbs per week is safe and healthy.
  • ekim2016
    Options
    today 240... woo hoo... can't wait for my 30s again... it's been a while!