Need help motivation!! Must stop eating!!

Options
I struggle with staying full. And under calories. Looking for friends to help!

Replies

• madserenity5
    madserenity5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm new and have the same struggles. Let's be friends and help each other? :)
  • lbherrington
    lbherrington Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!!! I started in January lost 10 lbs. in 2 1/2 months. Then fell off the wagon. Needing to get back on!! Before the 10lbs come back on.
  • madserenity5
    madserenity5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! One day at a time!
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Make sure you weight loss goals are modest no more than 1lbs a week and watch your food choices 100 calories in bread isn't a lot, while100 in fruit and vegetables is a bunch!
  • Jewels_Ka
    Jewels_Ka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    YES!!! this is my kind of group, I fight hunger every day! and its not eve hunger but just not satisfied from the foods I eat. I just want to bite into something salty and greasy...BUT have to make good choices...EVERY TIME. Find that motivation! stay with it, IT WILL GET EASIER. 1 day at a time...
  • chubbs79
    chubbs79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hope back in the wagon Lisa!! You got this!!
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Is it brain hunger? Eating out of boredom? or is it your stomach bellowing? Drink lots of water, eat protein first and veggies next... fruit last... no processed carbs.
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The advice people gave me when I had the same issue was: protein. I'd heard it before but didn't really take it to heart. Eat protein first and then see where your hunger is. Often when I'm ravenous I realize I haven't gotten even close to enough protein in a few days. I began snacking on rolled up cold cuts with a slice or half slice of cheese, boiled eggs, cottage cheese, sardines, tuna - shrimp is a miracle - full of flavor and protein and so low cal. I make a crock pot of lamb stew every few weeks and I dip into it through out the day.

Olives are a great salt fix instead of chips. I'm not one of those people who can fill up on raw veggies ;) Doesn't do it for me in the least - makes me angry ;). I also upped my fats - it's very satisfying. The end result is it cut back on my carbs- so a little inadvertent Atkins or Paleo diet (though I still have one piece of toast a day and don't have any rules against carbs). But, I was chasing carbs all day because my body needed something - protein - and carbs are just easy to grab.

The other thing which people say all of the time is "water" - and it's really true. When I'm under-hydrated I crave salty foods and moist foods - why don't I just crave water?? I try to start each day with a big glass.

My other thing is trigger foods - there are things that I can't eat just a little of and so they can't be in the house. Also, restaurants where I can't control myself, so they are off-limits until I'm done losing.
  • claude371
    claude371 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I totally know where you are coming from constantly craving food....add me.
  • lbherrington
    Options
    Sometime I feel I could eat a whole chicken and still feel hungry. I know a lot of it is a mental thing. I'm an emotional everything eater! Plus I love my sweets!! The problem is when I eat "clean" I don't last on it and I go back to the old ways a gain more then what I weighted before! Ugh! Dieting is hard!
  • kymberkaye
    kymberkaye Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!!! On a diet and telling myself I cannot have chocolate, makes me crave even more. I was told once to eat what your body wants, but in moderation. Eat your m&ms slowly one by one instead of ripping open the bag and pouring them down your throat. Lol and only eat until you are "satisfied". It is a hard thing to do. Smh
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sometime I feel I could eat a whole chicken and still feel hungry. I know a lot of it is a mental thing. I'm an emotional everything eater! Plus I love my sweets!! The problem is when I eat "clean" I don't last on it and I go back to the old ways a gain more then what I weighted before! Ugh! Dieting is hard!

I don't eat "clean" as they say - at least I don't think so. Try to find ways to make it feel indulgent - like have an omelet with cheese and a slice of bacon but skip the toast and potatoes or have half a sundae and save the rest for the next day.

If all I ate was broiled chicken and steamed broccoli I could never last. This time I decided to make it taste good. Think about recipes that you already make that are not too caloric. I'm amazed at what I've been able to eat - even lasagna - made with all the full fat cheeses and sausage. I just don't have bread with it.

I built in little "treats" from the start - a few chips (2-4) with hummus or a small amount of trail mix - things that didn't feel like diet food. There are these awesome chocolate covered rice cakes at Sprouts, natural grocery store, that are only like 70-80 calories. I was eating one of those a day for months and it really felt like a dessert.

It's so hard I know - I tried and back slid for like 6 years. I'm not sure how I'm finding the discipline now - sometimes it's just timing - being at a place in life where for whatever reason you can do it.
  • Oslo575
    Oslo575 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds insane but have you cleansed? I went from an average American diet to a paleo at one poiny. I found myself never being full. After doing research i learned it was my bodies addiction to processed suger an such. I am no longer paleo but i find the weeks i take a cheat meal especially hard.
  • mysticwryter
    mysticwryter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    When you are feeling hungry, it could be your body is dehydrated. Drink water; if you want some flavor add lemon or mint (yum). That can help with curving your cravings and returning to the fridge time and time again.
  • lbherrington
    Options
    Thanks everyone. You all have great ideas! Love this app and the people I'm meeting. Hopefully this will keep me going!
  • MudderGrad
    MudderGrad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Losing weight can be pretty difficult at the beginning. It's a lot like trying kick a food addiction problem. Make sure to realize that you're not on a diet for a short term in order to lose weight. Instead, you're changing how you eat so that you can have long term weight loss results.

With that said, try getting more protein and fiber into your diet. These two will help you feel fuller, longer. And remember to take every day one day at a time. You may make a mistake, possibly almost every day for a while, but this doesn't mean you give up today and try again tomorrow... Just keep pushing forward ;)
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    First off don't go on a 'diet'. Automatically your brain craves 'bad foods'. Secondly there's no such thing as 'bad foods'. Weight loss isn't a magical beast only a few of us can achieve. It's science based. Energy in V energy out. Everything we eat is made up of energy right? Good and bad. This clean eating fad annoys me. Makes people think they can only eat organic vegetables grown in the untouched pristine mountains of Switzerland or something. Fruit and veg still has energy (be it more nutritious than a bag of crisps) but you can still over eat if these are not measured. And Fricken boring. Who wants to eat salads all day n snacking on carrot sticks. Hell NO. A few of the above tips are great. Water - yes. Include protein in every meal. Doesn't have to be meat, Greek yoghurt n blueberries is good for sweet tooth. Most importantly if u really wanna lose weight is record everything. I make burgers, eat crisps, make pizza with cheese (Oh yes) because I count everything and know what I'm consuming. I don't deprive myself of chocolate or wine. As long as it's in my 1600 calories it's ok! I have monitored for 6 weeks and for me I have lost 0.25kg each week. It's amazing the things you'll create when u record what you're eating. I'm eating MORE now because I'm not guessing. Cauliflower rice is great for volume and low calories in meals. I live with a set of scales on kitchen bench and this app is used to record everything right? Otherwise what's the point lol Now I don't deprive myself I don't have cravings half as much and we'll if I feel like a burger I'll make my own! Recording everything is at times annoying but what it gives u is FREEDOM. After all u want it to be sustainable. So then you have to ask yourself how serious are u about losing weight n keeping it off? Remember it's not magic ;)