How do you measure sweet potato soup?!

Options
It's like more creamy so not like a full on liquid does that still count if I'm measuring it as a fluid ounce though? Thanks!

Replies

• eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    The consistency is throwing me off
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Confused here ... are you measuring for liquid intake or for volume of food consumed?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Is it homemade?

Are you able to measure the soup by weight and then take out your portion?

I would measure in ml myself since that is the measurement I am used to for liquid. Fluid ounces, for you I think.
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    Confused here ... are you measuring for liquid intake or for volume of food consumed?

Like its my grandmas homemade soup so I don't have nutrition info but I was wondering if it would be measured in grams, ml, fluid ounces, ounces etc.

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Is it chunky or just creamy?

If creamy, then using a measuring cup/ml is fine, especially since you'll be estimating anyway :)

~Lyssa
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Ask your grandma for the recipe, and how many cups it makes. There's a recipe thingie here where you can type in the ingredients. When I do that for soups and stews, I put in the number of cups as the number of servings. Then if I have 2 cups of stew, I just tell MFP I've had two servings.

If you're asking whether it can count as one of your cups of water as well, I'd say you could count it as a half-cup of liquid.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    ErinSot wrote: »
    Nikion901 wrote: »

Like its my grandmas homemade soup so I don't have nutrition info but I was wondering if it would be measured in grams, ml, fluid ounces, ounces etc.

You can measure it in whatever measurement you want, grams, ml, ounces they all amount to the same weight, it all depends on how you choose to log it depending on the measurements you choose in the database.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd measure it in grams because it's rather thick (plus measuring it out into a measuring cup would be a huge pain...) but I think both mass or volume measurements are possible and accurate for a creamy soup. :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    If its home made pop the ingredients into the recipe builder on here and voila...sorted! :smiley: