Ladies*** weight when on period ?

Options
Do you guys weigh more during your period? My diet has been on point and I've been working out but weight has went up like a lb but I started my period a few days ago.

Replies

• samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's natural for your weight to fluctuate temporarily due to hormones :) stick with the program and you'll be back to where you should be in a few days.
  • nikesandglitter
    nikesandglitter Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I always go up about 7 pounds every month. You'll go back down in a couple of days, I promise
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    See above posted thread as very helpful/insightful.

Perfectly normal to gain a few pounds perhaps even more during TOM. Normally I gain up to 2lbs and that can last 7 days.
  • briislovely
    briislovely Posts: 92 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    I retain a little during my period and during ovulation. It is normal, try not to let it bother you.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yup mine is always a week before i get bloated and go up 2lbs but it drops off a few days into my period.
  • Skinnysister49
    Skinnysister49 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I go up 2-3 pounds, then it goes back down after a few days.
  • xCyanideGirlx
    xCyanideGirlx Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I hate weight loss when im on my period. I try to stay way from the scale for a week before it, then a couple days after cuz water weight *kitten* everything up.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Your weight went up only a pound? You are a lucky one.

Its water weight.
  • RR0817
    RR0817 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I usually do gain weight on my period but didn't this go round...not sure why I didn't. I certainly don't feel bloated like I normally do.
  • FionaPlum
    FionaPlum Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I normally do too and not much happened this time round either. I think it's because you retain water while menstruating and now that I'm dieting and drinking lots of water and cutting back the salt intake the water retention wasn't possible like usual. The more water you drink, the less water the body feels the need to hang on to.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I go up about 3-5 pounds, which magically disappear 2 days in.
  • NID2410
    NID2410 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I also suffer from bloating before periods.. its like my tummy increases by 1-1.5 inches.. but comes back to normal after few days
  • crystalmorrison378
    crystalmorrison378 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yep.. I'm on mine now and my weigh in day is tomorrow. . Dreading it...
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I used to. Now it seems that I lose on my period. strange. For the most part, I try to avoid the scale during that week because it's not helpful for me
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I had a hysterectomy, but kept my ovaries, and I still gain around 3-5 during my time, even if there is no follow through.